Hi, from Switzerland

Kimi83

May 12, 2021
Switzerland
I am Kimi from Switzerland, since 2016 i ride a MTB, and few weeks ago i got first experiences with a E-mtb, i bought my very first E-mtb, with backmotor 42Nm and 500 Wh battery. I loved it very much, but the fun did not last so long because the motor support suddenly stoped, i sent it to service and after that it happend the same for the second time, so i had to give it back and take my money. The best i could do with this bike was about 60km range and 500hm.
Now i am thinking about buying a new mid-motor E-Mtb with 70 Nm and 420Wh.
My question is, would i be able to reach the same distance and high with this bike? Does anyone has experience?

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Hi, welcome, Kimi...

You need to reach out to regular poster etoni here as he lives and rides in Switzerland and can probably give you details of range, altitudes etc.

We all hate him because he posts great pictures and makes us all jealous! :)

Jeffrey

Jul 29, 2020
Switzerland
Hi! I'm also from Switzerland, Wallis ;)

Pay attention to the battery capacity if you buy a new bike because with more Nm you will probably drain faster the battery!
With my Cube Stereo Hybrid Bosch gen4 and 625Wh battery I do easily 1800m ascent.

Kimi83

May 12, 2021
Switzerland
Hi! I'm also from Switzerland, Wallis ;)

Pay attention to the battery capacity if you buy a new bike because with more Nm you will probably drain faster the battery!
With my Cube Stereo Hybrid Bosch gen4 and 625Wh battery I do easily 1800m ascent.
Thank you, for your advice. I will have this on mind.

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
[mention]Kimi83 [/mention] I can do 60km on my (I love your expression) ‘mid-engine’ Shimano 70Nm 504Wh, in Eco mode. Eco mode reduces the Nm assistance to ~40%. If I ride in Trail mode (~90% assistance) I doubt I would get more than 50km. In Boost mode (~200% assistance) it would be severely shortened.

However, I ride in a forest with ~200m elevation. As stated previously, [mention]etoni [/mention]will be able to provide you with his Alpine experience.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles