Hi from Australia

Dayojoh123

Feb 5, 2019
Australia
I have a Merida e160 900 which I love riding, however my maintenance skills are basic to say the least. Just started getting some creaking in what seems to be the crank area and wanted to know the best way of lubricating this area if this would solve it?
Thanks.

Russell

Dec 16, 2018
Iow
Is it Bosch? If so my one was creaking from the two small bolts under the plastic cover

Dayojoh123

Feb 5, 2019
Australia
Is it Bosch? If so my one was creaking from the two small bolts under the plastic cover
It is Shimano, but I think the cover is similar. I will remove it and take a look. Hard part is it only creak whilst under load, so hard to replicate in the shed on the stand?

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I had a creak from my e160 900. I swore it was coming from the crank. It was I tell you.......

I fixed it by tightening my headset and stem.

It's a new bike. Go over it and check every bolt is tightened to specs. And if that doesn't fix it and you bought it from an actual shop a quick visit should be all you need. My local LBS gave me two free service calls as part of the purchase, plus you have a warranty.

Gordon

Dayojoh123

Feb 5, 2019
Australia
I had a creak from my e160 900. I swore it was coming from the crank. It was I tell you.......

I fixed it by tightening my headset and stem.

It's a new bike. Go over it and check every bolt is tightened to specs. And if that doesn't fix it and you bought it from an actual shop a quick visit should be all you need. My local LBS gave me two free service calls as part of the purchase, plus you have a warranty.

Gordon
Thanks for the feedback, I will give it a once over today to see if I can find the culprit.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have a rattle when going over rough ground. It sound like cables in the down tube rattling against the frame. It will be reported in time for the first free check.

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
I have a Merida e160 900 which I love riding, however my maintenance skills are basic to say the least. Just started getting some creaking in what seems to be the crank area and wanted to know the best way of lubricating this area if this would solve it?
Thanks.
I had an annoying creak under load on my 900e. Turned out to be the bolt at the bottom of the rear shock. Re greased fixed the problem.
A friend had the same problem with his 800.
Good luck.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles