Hey folks, looking at a Levo expert 2022 BUT >>>

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
Its super (kinda too cheap 1600 quid!!!) cheap, but has no paperwork/receipts n no frame id, is it a no no???

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
Here it is >>

442002511_2129920940697521_1420083447826110060_n.jpg

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
That sounds stolen. Assuming it even exists. If the guy asks you for a deposit, you know it doesn’t existt

cartwheels

Apr 2, 2023
Swanage
Although, I just bought an used SL,
It has the original receipt, handbook etc but the sticker with the frame number has worn blank .
It’s positioned on the frame is right where you put your hand to lift!

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
I see that one for sale on fb marketplace, £2500 .
I think that is too low to real
yea, well he then said he'd been offered 1600 as the shock was flat n the chain was missing, he "apparently" then got the shock pumped up n a new chain n said 1700 cash! no receipt n no frame id makes it kinda dodgy but??? who knows? there are some peeps that just wanna quick easy sale n not have to fuck about trying to get the best they can which means major ball aches plus with messers, tyre kickers n constant annoying messages for a month or three before someone actually buys it??????? If its legit Its a damn nice bike at that price, fo sure!!! =)

Last edited:

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
If the number on the frame has been erased, it's almost certainly a stolen bike. 🍻
thats kinda where im at, asked him for the id number from inside the tcu n he says its not there, kinda suspect eh...asked him to look under top tube n its all gone very very quiet.................................crickets!

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
By launching the Specialized app the serial number should appear... and if it is stolen it will be easy to check.. 🤷‍♂️
It is in the new app.
Scroll down to ownership and you can see model, date of purchase and serial number.

Edit: sorry I thougt you meant it wasn't in the new app

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
It is in the new app.
Scroll down to ownership and you can see model, date of purchase and serial number.

Edit: sorry I thougt you meant it wasn't in the new app
hey, good idea, can you link me to the NEW app, please! =)

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Is this the NEW app? or mission control? What is the new app called, please??
It’s just called “Specialized”, it’s the one with the black background with the white S. I don’t know if you can download the old Mission Control app anymore, I think they had it removed from the App Store.

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
It’s just called “Specialized”, it’s the one with the black background with the white S. I don’t know if you can download the old Mission Control app anymore, I think they had it removed from the App Store.
ah ok nice1, thanks!

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
yea, well he then said he'd been offered 1600 as the shock was flat n the chain was missing, he "apparently" then got the shock pumped up n a new chain n said 1700 cash! no receipt n no frame id makes it kinda dodgy but??? who knows? there are some peeps that just wanna quick easy sale n not have to fuck about trying to get the best they can which means major ball aches plus with messers, tyre kickers n constant annoying messages for a month or three before someone actually buys it??????? If its legit Its a damn nice bike at that price, fo sure!!! =)

The suspension on that bike alone is worth nearly £1700. Its probably stolen.
Get him to send you the details via the app, anyone can connect to a levo via the app so he has no excuse. This will show you the frame number and details.

If it is stolen any motor work you get will flag up its stolen and the bike will be confiscated.

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
The suspension on that bike alone is worth nearly £1700. Its probably stolen.
Get him to send you the details via the app, anyone can connect to a levo via the app so he has no excuse. This will show you the frame number and details.

If it is stolen any motor work you get will flag up its stolen and the bike will be confiscated.
How does he send the details via the app to me? Just a photo? Even with the frame number Specialized Rider Care is not open anymore so how would i find out if it is definitely stolen?

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
How does he send the details via the app to me? Just a photo? Even with the frame number Specialized Rider Care is not open anymore so how would i find out if it is definitely stolen?

He can screen shot it from the app, I did this when selling my levo sl as the frame sticker had rubbed off. Maybe a local shop who is a specialized dealer could check it for you or inform you the right way to proceed.

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
He can screen shot it from the app, I did this when selling my levo sl as the frame sticker had rubbed off. Maybe a local shop who is a specialized dealer could check it for you or inform you the right way to proceed.
Ok, so he has managed to connect to the app and says the bike is still registered to the previous owner (thats kinda normal, my kenevo has never been connected to the app by me either) he says what does he do from there? how does he change the owner, pull up the frame id, model details etc??

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
The guy also has no profile pic or photos which is a bit alarming. Anyone can register the bike to them etc best thing to do is nip to a specialized dealer and get them to check the number against the database

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles