Levo Gen 3 Help installing GX t-type transmission.

DirkWisely

Jun 14, 2024
California
I'm stumped on how to proceed here. From what I can tell I need to remove the chain ring and place the new one on the hub thing (spider?), but the bolts just spin. How do I get my new chain ring on the bike?

bike_1.jpg
bike_2.jpg

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Yeah I haven't taken it off the spider. I can't get to the other side of the bolts with it on the bike. Is a gear puller my option here?

The nuts on the back side typically have an interrupted flat slot. Envision a flat blade screwdriver where you grind out the middle section of the screwdriver. There are little 90 degree wrenches for this. Use a mirror and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The bigger question is even if you remove the fasteners, will you be able to get the chainring over the spider? You might need to remove it. If that's the case, remove the whole thing first, and then you can remove the fasteners while it's on the workbench.

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
Yeah I misread this at 5am. Thought you already had old one off and trying to get new on.

What rusty said. Much easier with spider off the bike

bryser

Sep 18, 2024
cent otago, NZ
The chainring nuts on the gen 3 have a male hex head and the bolts are female hex head. Chainring shape means it will not come off over the spider.
Also never needed puller to get spider off motor shaft - fingers of both hands opposite sides of rig and wriggle it off with outwards pressure. An obstinate one can be aided to move with a little CRC/WD40 soaked into the interface.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles