Helmet Help

Loch Sloy

Aug 19, 2024
UK
Hi folks - sorry if this is the wrong place to post as newbie.

Anyways - since getting my E-Bije I want a decent mips helmet with good temple protection and maybe better neck protection (not a full facer) I bought a POC Axion max size 58cm but it's too tight (can't get a single turn on the tightener), so I bough a POC Kortal 58 - 62cm Too big and heavy (need to wind it all the way in to get it to fit)

So the problem is my head is bang on 58cm - can anyone recommend another decent brand with mips and good temple and neck protection while still being quite light, where the sizing is say something like 56-60cm or something that will fit me.

Thanks in advance!

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I also have exactly 58cm head and Troy Lee Designs A3 Mips (M/L = 57-59) fits me perfectly.

PS - You should have bought next size up POC Axion because even within the same manufacturer different helmet models are not necessarily sizing comparable.

Last edited:

Loch Sloy

Aug 19, 2024
UK
I also have exactly 58cm head and Troy Lee Designs A3 Mips (M/L = 57-59) fits me perfectly.

PS - You should have bought next size up POC Axion because even within the same manufacturer different helmet models are not necessarily sizing comparable.
Thanks Irie for your knowledge and quick response, I am about to return the Axion...the next size up is 59-62, do you think I should return it for that? I like the look and sizing of the Troy Lee A3 MIPS (M/L = 57-59) I can get one from treadz uk for £100.

Appreciate your time...

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Thanks Irie for your knowledge and quick response, I am about to return the Axion...the next size up is 59-62, do you think I should return it for that? I like the look and sizing of the Troy Lee A3 MIPS (M/L = 57-59) I can get one from treadz uk for £100.

Appreciate your time...
My wife has same size head as me and has a Fox Speedframe Pro Mips (M, 57-59) which she loves, but I don't like the fit, so just depends on what fits your head shape. But TLD A3 Mips for £100 does look pretty tempting ...

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Welcome to the forum
Helmets are like shoes the sizing is not as it should be and a trial and error is often the only solution as you are finding out
Hope you get what you want soon (y)

Loch Sloy

Aug 19, 2024
UK
My wife has same size head as me and has a Fox Speedframe Pro Mips (M, 57-59) which she loves, but I don't like the fit, so just depends on what fits your head shape. But TLD A3 Mips for £100 does look pretty tempting ...
Thanks again - just bought the TLD A3 Mips - got it for £95 with a discount code here's hoping!
Welcome to the forum
Helmets are like shoes the sizing is not as it should be and a trial and error is often the only solution as you are finding out
Hope you get what you want soon (y)
Thanks mate - I have now ordered Number 3 the TLD A3 here's hoping and thanks for the welcome 👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles