Hello let’s start with the problem ShimanoE 8000 steps

Dw1

Sep 19, 2020
Yorkshire
Hello EMTB I am a 70 year-old cyclist returning to cycling with the power of the E bike. However I have a tale of woe. Purchased a wilier E adventure Gravel. Set off for first ride fantastic, first hill motor kept tripping in and out of its own accord now showing error wo13(Which I understand to be related to Torque setting) Bike has been sent back to supplier for analysis. I am however now concerned as I look through the threads I see it’s not uncommon for this error code and unfortunately I can no longer face the hills under my own steam please Somebody tell me this is a teething problem and not Indicative of the steps E 8000
Dw1

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The error code covers a variety of issues, some very simple, others not - it could be, and hopefully is, something as simple as the speed sensor being slightly out of alignment (quite a common cause of the issue you describe) or one of the cables being loose.

The Shimano system is generally very reliable, even more so if you are using it aggressively off road.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
This bike right?

Could be simply that the spoke magnet isn't lined up with the chain stay pickup correctly for example

See here for all the manuals on the e8000, info in these will enable you to eliminate common issues that the owner can sort easily

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 12.51.57.png

Dw1

Sep 19, 2020
Yorkshire
I did check the magnet and it does seem in the right position passing the edge of the Sensor just after the anchor screw Did I mention that no matter what you do there a code won’t go away and the motor won’t give any assistance?

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I had a W013 error on my bike - it was my own fault. I replaced the rear rotor and glued my own magnet to the rotor. The magnet was woefully small; I now have three. In short, I think that error code can relate to a few different things; in my case it was the speed sensor. Hope you get your bike back soon, and no more problems :)

Noxiller

May 22, 2020
Germany
Make sure you have both feet of the pedals and the bike is standing still when you turn it on.
Not doing that causes the shimano errors to 99% to happen.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles