Hello and Eyeing a Turbo Comp

JayMartin

May 26, 2021
Denver, CO USA
Hi,
Looking to buy a Turbo Levo as my first eMTB. My LBS only has a redwood Comp in my size (L) or I can wait 5 or 6 weeks for an oak green. Decisions, decisions. As a newbie and first time poster, a bit about me. I am 68 years old and sold my dirt bikes a couple years ago after a bad get-off. I have a 2008 Stumpjumper that I haven't ridden all that much, and my old legs (and lungs) don't want to carry me that far up into the Rocky Mountains. I am thinking an eMTB would be a way for me to get back out there. Stop me if I'm wrong as I will likely pull the trigger on either the orange or green tomorrow.
Jay
Denver, CO USA

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
With summer just starting, there's a lot to be said for pulling the trigger on what's available today and enjoying it.

That said, have you looked into the 2022 Levo Comp? If I was looking for a Levo and the 2022 Comp was actually available today or within a reasonably short timeframe, I would go for that.

JayMartin

May 26, 2021
Denver, CO USA
I was given the impression at the store today that 1) they had no idea when next year's models would reach their store and 2) that the bigger changes, e.g. a new motor, would only show up in the higher end models and not much new would reach down to the Comp. That said, of course I would prefer the latest. I'll press them a little harder.

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Hi,
Looking to buy a Turbo Levo as my first eMTB. My LBS only has a redwood Comp in my size (L) or I can wait 5 or 6 weeks for an oak green. Decisions, decisions. As a newbie and first time poster, a bit about me. I am 68 years old and sold my dirt bikes a couple years ago after a bad get-off. I have a 2008 Stumpjumper that I haven't ridden all that much, and my old legs (and lungs) don't want to carry me that far up into the Rocky Mountains. I am thinking an eMTB would be a way for me to get back out there. Stop me if I'm wrong as I will likely pull the trigger on either the orange or green tomorrow.
Jay
Denver, CO USA
Welcome to the forums Jay.

I don’t think either would be a bad decision but with how somewhat difficult it is to find parts and bikes still....

Third-Reef

Apr 1, 2021
Might want to check out a TREK Rail. I am in the same position but "only" 65 years on me. I did a deep dive and decided on the rail over the levo because of the Bosch motor, availability, handling and a bit more suspension and brakes for the $

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
I'm in Denver and ride dirtbikes....took the emtb plunge last year.....all of JeffCO is legal for emtb, you will love the access to new close trails. As far as the bikes go I've ridden a levo comp and it's fantastic, understand that the motors have had issues but with specialized continuing to use them for 2022 they must have confidence in the updates.....however you may go through a warranty motor or 2 before you get the latest and greatest parts.

JayMartin

May 26, 2021
Denver, CO USA
I ended up picking up the redwood rather than waiting for the oak green. Only change I made I was to have them do the tubeless conversion while it was free labor. All charged up and ready for my first ride today! Will head down into the Specialized forum next.
Thanks all,
Jay

Third-Reef

Apr 1, 2021
Your going to love it. i was hesitant on the EMTB thing, trading my 29 lb 29er for a 50lb bike just seemed to be the wrong way to go. But the emtb has opened up so much more capability for me (old guy) and it actually handles better on the descents and inspires confidence and it a total rocket ship on the climbs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles