Has anyone tried a badass box on a 2019 turbo levo??

Ross1137

Sep 8, 2018
Australia
G'day everyone I just bought a badass box for my 2019 turbo levo I was just wondering if anybody has used one on the current model and what are your concerns if any.

Scoobaru

Sep 6, 2018
Scotland
I think it looks quite bulky. If it rotated into the spokes (e.g. after a knock) then it would suffer pretty serious damage, and possibly lock the back wheel.

Eddie10

Oct 7, 2018
Canada
I would go with the Pear Tune. If you need service remove it before you bring it in. It's simple plug and play. I had one on my Giant with Yamaha power, I had a problem I removed it I got full warranty on my motor ,put it back on no problems.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I would go with the Pear Tune. If you need service remove it before you bring it in. It's simple plug and play. I had one on my Giant with Yamaha power, I had a problem I removed it I got full warranty on my motor ,put it back on no problems.
Seems a bit unethical

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The Badass boxes are by far the least "invasive" of these types of device, and are also the most simple in terms of how they work. You dont have to open up the motor casing, only attach the pedal magnet and the unit over the sensor, which FYI won't go anywhere when attached, if you do it properly.

Ross1137

Sep 8, 2018
Australia
I have cancelled my order as I have decided I don't want extra stress on the motor and battery and on the drive train etc etc thanks for all your replies anyway

Vilt

Feb 13, 2019
Berg en Terblijt, The Netherlands
Sorry to resurrect this, but I'm not sure what your rationale is:

a) The amount of power that the motor can deliver or pull from the battery is not in any way affected. The brose motor will not give any extra power. It will not suddenly be capable of 1000w of output or anything. It will merely think you are driving a bit slower than you really are and do it's thing.

b) The amount of stress on the drivetrain at speeds 25kph - 50kph is certainly not any more than pulling up from a standstill while on a hill. I would argue it is far less, even. There is a documentary about this bike on youtube where a specialized tech explains the most power the motor delivers to the drivetrain is when starting from a stand still in shuttle or turbo mode, you can see this in the mission control app.

If there is any extra stress to be had, it would be on the brakes. But being a pretty serious mountainbike I would say that part is not really a concern.

It's still illegal. It would still void your warranty.

Ross1137

Sep 8, 2018
Australia
Thanks for the reply.... I always understood how it works.. No extra power just no speed limit, what I meant was I thought higher speeds equals hotter tempretures equals possible component failure.. Can you please send me the link to the documentary, I think I've seen it but I'll watch it again.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles