Has anyone put a 500 battery instead of the stock 750?

motoadve

Jun 15, 2019
Washington
How does the lighter battery feel on this bike?
I have the carbon expert, rides are usually 25 miles or so, 1,000 to 1,500 meters ascent .always finish with 40% or more battery .
Wondering how the bike handles with a 500 lighter battery, is it very noticeable?
Worth it to try it?

exckiwi

Apr 15, 2019
Belmont, Lower hutt
I swap the 500 and 700 depending on distance I'm riding. I ride a s works and can't tell the difference in the way the bike handles or feels. Only purchased the 500 because I have some big rides planned

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
im willing to change one of my 500w's to 700w :p could even pay something in between :)

where you located? i would willingly trade mine....but im in Malaysia lol.

Currently waiting for new base models to come into the LBS, the owner has agreed to let me swap

exckiwi

Apr 15, 2019
Belmont, Lower hutt
EU / Finland :unsure:
Sorry guys I need to clarify my post.
I don't want to swap a battery with anyone. I have the 700 battery that came with the S Works and purchased a 500 to carry as a spare for when I do long rides. I install the 500 for short rides occasionally and as I said I can't feel the difference.

Koo

Nov 11, 2018
Finland
Sorry guys I need to clarify my post.
I don't want to swap a battery with anyone. I have the 700 battery that came with the S Works and purchased a 500 to carry as a spare for when I do long rides. I install the 500 for short rides occasionally and as I said I can't feel the difference.
?

lol. at first it started as a joke, but JWRX told that he is ready to make a deal. Too bad he is in Malaysia... Think it would be easier to ride my bike there ( ;) ) than try to arrange a parcel transportion there.

anyways I can see such need when (IF) they are offering only 700W batteries on 2020 models.

-K

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles