H series delayed until late April in UK

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
My LBS didn't bother telling me that my order was delayed for 2 another months for an H15. Just found out by calling them.

Refused to let me switch to an M20 which they have in stock unless I paid the price increase that has happened since my order, and they wouldn't waive the additional fee (even though they can now sell my H15 for full price), and wouldn't give me a discount on a range extender either to make up the difference. I don't blame them - they have their money already and it's only business to them, but it is very poor service in my opinion as in the end they won't be out of pocket at all. Oh well, more time to buy upgrades I suppose.

They also refused to order a replacement for the stock 150mm seatpost which will be too long for me, so I will need to buy one myself, which is wasted money for nothing. Not very happy with them and wish I'd gone elsewhere tbh.

It's e-bikeshop.co.uk btw

Looks like it was a huge mistake not to get the M10 from Tredz when I had the chance.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
My LBS didn't bother telling me that my order was delayed for 2 another months for an H15. Just found out by calling them.

Refused to let me switch to an M20 which they have in stock unless I paid the price increase that has happened since my order, and they wouldn't waive the additional fee (even though they can now sell my H15 for full price), and wouldn't give me a discount on a range extender either to make up the difference. I don't blame them - they have their money already and it's only business to them, but it is very poor service in my opinion as in the end they won't be out of pocket at all. Oh well, more time to buy upgrades I suppose.

They also refused to order a replacement for the stock 150mm seatpost which will be too long for me, so I will need to buy one myself, which is wasted money for nothing. Not very happy with them and wish I'd gone elsewhere tbh.

It's e-bikeshop.co.uk btw

Looks like it was a huge mistake not to get the M10 from Tredz when I had the chance.
I phoned them to ask about stock and a few other things and their customer rep wasn’t very helpful suggesting I look on their website in future. Night and day difference to dealing with Berkshire cycles.

Fatsweaty

Sep 1, 2021
UK
Sorry to hear that, I'm in the same predicament but have had great comms with updates throughout from the bike shop I chose who aren't even local to me (MTB Monster). They told me yesterday about the delay and initially I suggested cancelling my order (frustrated reaction having waited 3 months already) to which straight away they came back to me and offered to exchange to an alternative bike of my choosing with them if I wanted or refund me , ultimately I have currently decided to stick with my order .

My only annoyance is with Orbea I guess releasing a range of bikes in December and still not supplying the H15 (UK so far as I know) in any numbers. Yes I know about component shortages etc etc but as in the small print its subject to change anyway, just surprising a large company has supply issues. This after raising the price cheekily a couple of months from release. (bike shop is honouring the original price as order was in)

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I bought mine online from Start Fitness. I knew I wanted an M20 & didn’t need them to build or check it so they sent it direct to me, shops usually will receive their stock from Distributor then open bikes up & swap parts etc for customers, then re box & send out or you collect in person!

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
Was the original post about e-bike shop in Farnham?
I hope not because that’s who I’ve ordered a Cube 160 from. Really don’t want problems with after sales stuff.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
Was the original post about e-bike shop in Farnham?
I hope not because that’s who I’ve ordered a Cube 160 from. Really don’t want problems with after sales stuff.

Yes that's the one. There wasn't an apology either for the delay, or a "how can we make it up to you" just - "lots of other people are in the same boat". One sales guy there was very helpful, but they are very intransigent. Someone else on these forums put down a deposit for a bike there and a week later cancelled it and they refused to refund the deposit - it says in the terms it's not refundable but for goodness sake its not like it cost them anything or they were out of pocket.

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
I know the delays aren’t their fault but it’d be nice if they gave people a heads up. At the moment I don’t think they have to try too hard and all their stock will still fly out the door.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Yes that's the one. There wasn't an apology either for the delay, or a "how can we make it up to you" just - "lots of other people are in the same boat". One sales guy there was very helpful, but they are very intransigent. Someone else on these forums put down a deposit for a bike there and a week later cancelled it and they refused to refund the deposit - it says in the terms it's not refundable but for goodness sake its not like it cost them anything or they were out of pocket.
They sound like they will also be a nightmare if you have any warranty issues! Sometimes I can understand with deposits but it’s not like it’s the Levo Sl where they might struggle to shift em 😂

Ogofmole

Oct 30, 2021
Wales, UK
I brought my Orbea from a LBS, but as we had quite a few LBS's to choose from, I went with one who was the most helpful at the time that I was only looking and not buying. Since buying (I did pay full retail) the LBS has been great with servicing and giving a few quid discount on parts etc and building a good relationship with them..

Barnicles

Aug 8, 2020
Uk
I've got a preorder for a Feb H15 from the same shop and haven't had any communication from them regarding this. I did phone them a few weeks ago and they said everything was still on track but couldn't give me an accurate date yet. I'll be calling them Monday to discuss. I'm pretty sure their t's and c's state that it is a non refundable deposit if the customer cancels the order. I'll be phoning to cancel now out of principle as I think they should be contacting customers with orders in place and letting them know. Seems like a let down that they haven't bothered. Obviously it's not their fault for the delay but it is very slack to not inform their customers.

Stoffel

Jun 16, 2021
Cotswolds UK
Sorry to hear that, I'm in the same predicament but have had great comms with updates throughout from the bike shop I chose who aren't even local to me (MTB Monster). They told me yesterday about the delay and initially I suggested cancelling my order (frustrated reaction having waited 3 months already) to which straight away they came back to me and offered to exchange to an alternative bike of my choosing with them if I wanted or refund me , ultimately I have currently decided to stick with my order .

My only annoyance is with Orbea I guess releasing a range of bikes in December and still not supplying the H15 (UK so far as I know) in any numbers. Yes I know about component shortages etc etc but as in the small print its subject to change anyway, just surprising a large company has supply issues. This after raising the price cheekily a couple of months from release. (bike shop is honouring the original price as order was in)
I got my bike from Monster last year, good communications and a pleasure to deal with. My wife ordered her new bike through them (hopefully coming in June) even tho they’re 3 hours from us.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
I've got a preorder for a Feb H15 from the same shop and haven't had any communication from them regarding this. I did phone them a few weeks ago and they said everything was still on track but couldn't give me an accurate date yet. I'll be calling them Monday to discuss. I'm pretty sure their t's and c's state that it is a non refundable deposit if the customer cancels the order. I'll be phoning to cancel now out of principle as I think they should be contacting customers with orders in place and letting them know. Seems like a let down that they haven't bothered. Obviously it's not their fault for the delay but it is very slack to not inform their customers.
The first time I rang the guy just said, we haven't heard of any delay, but I'd have to check the system which is complicated, so yeah we'll let you know.... Wtf? I rang next day and spoke to someone else, they found out immediately for me. They are friendly don't get me wrong, but not very proactive in communication and seem to be very inflexible. I got the impression that as they already had my money, they didn't want to negotiate and "I could wait like everyone else". I don't blame them at all. I've probably been a pain in the arse tbf.

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
Well would you believe it.
I got an email from e-bikeshop about an hour after posting on here about lack of communication.
It’s telling me to expect a June delivery so I guess someone who works at the shop has been reading this thread and is now hurriedly trying to be more communicative with everyone…..which is a good thing.

Barnicles

Aug 8, 2020
Uk
The first time I rang the guy just said, we haven't heard of any delay, but I'd have to check the system which is complicated, so yeah we'll let you know.... Wtf? I rang next day and spoke to someone else, they found out immediately for me. They are friendly don't get me wrong, but not very proactive in communication and seem to be very inflexible. I got the impression that as they already had my money, they didn't want to negotiate and "I could wait like everyone else". I don't blame them at all. I've probably been a pain in the arse tbf.
That's funny because when I rang they checked the system whilst I was on the phone to confirm it was still on track!

I've just checked the cancellation policy of the deposit. They allow 14 days to get a refund and after that they don't return it unless they can't complete the contract. In my mind the contract has now changed as the date has moved by 2 months from my order.

Have you paid the full amount Longfellow?

Fatsweaty

Sep 1, 2021
UK
I was under the impression UK Distance Selling Regs state that 14 days cooling off after the customer received the goods and is able to cancel the contract ?. I am no expert but a cursory look on Gov.Uk seems to suggest this. I can’t see how you forfeit a deposit for cancelling an order not even received and the lbs will certainly not have actually bought anything .

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
That's funny because when I rang they checked the system whilst I was on the phone to confirm it was still on track!

I've just checked the cancellation policy of the deposit. They allow 14 days to get a refund and after that they don't return it unless they can't complete the contract. In my mind the contract has now changed as the date has moved by 2 months from my order.

I was under the impression UK Distance Selling Regs state that 14 days cooling off after the customer received the goods and is able to cancel the contract ?. I am no expert but a cursory look on Gov.Uk seems to suggest this. I can’t see how you forfeit a deposit for cancelling an order not even received and the lbs will certainly not have actually bought anything .
I think you may be right actually, but T&C say its to cover the costs of admin and reserving bikes and paperwork. It's by the by. I don't want. Y deposit back, and I'd just get the m20 instead but it was already 400 quid more, and another 300 for the price increase. Too much extra. Not their fault orbea delayed. Still don't have an email tho.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire

Still on track for you? Lucky! What size/model/colour? Well I guess they may get them in batches, maybe yours is an earlier batch.

Barnicles

Aug 8, 2020
Uk
Still on track for you? Lucky! What size/model/colour? Well I guess they may get them in batches, maybe yours is an earlier batch.
This was a few weeks ago. I'm guessing mine has also been delayed as it was a Feb delivery. I'll find out tomorrow. I've not had an email either way. My original delivery date was 14th Feb. I've not heard a thing from them since I phoned a few weeks ago.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
Well would you believe it.
I got an email from e-bikeshop about an hour after posting on here about lack of communication.
It’s telling me to expect a June delivery so I guess someone who works at the shop has been reading this thread and is now hurriedly trying to be more communicative with everyone…..which is a good thing.
June?! WTF! What did you order?

dan_65338

Apr 6, 2020
Aberdeenshire
I ordered an H15 as soon as they were released, was meant to be a mid January delivery…… I contacted Orbea direct on Thursday 24th Feb with my order number and was told my bike was built and due to be dispatched in the next few days, hoping to have the bike in the next week or so. Ordered through Sprockets Cycles, who to be honest have been not great to deal with so far, but they were getting the size/spec/colour I was after 1st in Scotland.

MOG

Feb 24, 2022
Abergavenny
Damn, I must either be lucky or in the right place at the right time! I originally (November 2021) wanted to order a Cube stereo 160 from my local LBS but they said they would be middle of 2022 so I went to a slightly further shop (Zero Bikes near Ross) to test ride an Orbea Wild. I liked the bike and we looked at options and lead times and I said I would sleep on it. No sooner had I got home and my LBS said they had tracked down a Stereo that would be available at the end of Jan 2022. Great. I went with that. New year came around and I checked on progress and after some enquiries was told it would now be June at the earliest for the Cube. Bugger! It was at just that time the Rise Alloy had been launched and the chance of a bigger battery, lighter bike sent me off on a quest. I went via the Orbea website and choose a H15 in Larger and discovered that Zero bigs could have one for beginning of February (though not my prefered colour. But what the heck. i contacted the shop, got confirmation that the bike was indeed allocated to them, so I ordered it with Factory fox 36, bigger rotor and they agreed to change out tyres to something more beefy. And the price with upgrades was less than the base model is now! Not only that but I picked up the bike before the end of January. So about 4 weeks from order to riding it. Very impressed. I would thoroughly recommend Zero Bikes.

benzy

Dec 1, 2021
California
Well, today is the last day of my Feb window so I guess this applies to the US as well. I will wait until mid week to call.

I made no custom mods thinking it gave a better shot of being delivered on time. If I knew it was April-June delivery I would have made a few upgrades. Any idea if changing the brakes and tires at this point would delay even further? If I'm waiting another 2-3 months I want it to be perfect when it arrives.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Well, today is the last day of my Feb window so I guess this applies to the US as well. I will wait until mid week to call.

I made no custom mods thinking it gave a better shot of being delivered on time. If I knew it was April-June delivery I would have made a few upgrades. Any idea if changing the brakes and tires at this point would delay even further? If I'm waiting another 2-3 months I want it to be perfect when it arrives.
I ordered my H15 on Feb 7th w/ upgrades and received it on Feb 25th. Orbea updates their systems with dates every Friday My upgradeses didn't change the shops allotment date.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Damn, I must either be lucky or in the right place at the right time! I originally (November 2021) wanted to order a Cube stereo 160 from my local LBS but they said they would be middle of 2022 so I went to a slightly further shop (Zero Bikes near Ross) to test ride an Orbea Wild. I liked the bike and we looked at options and lead times and I said I would sleep on it. No sooner had I got home and my LBS said they had tracked down a Stereo that would be available at the end of Jan 2022. Great. I went with that. New year came around and I checked on progress and after some enquiries was told it would now be June at the earliest for the Cube. Bugger! It was at just that time the Rise Alloy had been launched and the chance of a bigger battery, lighter bike sent me off on a quest. I went via the Orbea website and choose a H15 in Larger and discovered that Zero bigs could have one for beginning of February (though not my prefered colour. But what the heck. i contacted the shop, got confirmation that the bike was indeed allocated to them, so I ordered it with Factory fox 36, bigger rotor and they agreed to change out tyres to something more beefy. And the price with upgrades was less than the base model is now! Not only that but I picked up the bike before the end of January. So about 4 weeks from order to riding it. Very impressed. I would thoroughly recommend Zero Bikes.
It has nothing to do with the shop, you used rider connect and picked a shop that had an early allotment date. I did the same thing and had my Large h15 in 3 weeks. If you walk in to a shop and order.....your at the mercy of the shops allotment date. It may come earlier if other shops allotements go unsold and their dates pass otherwise u wait. If another person orders from zero bikes their next allotment could be in December...they will have to wait when u only waited 4 weeks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles