GX AXS (not t type) permanent green light on derailleur.

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Have gx axs on both my bikes and one of them, the green light is on constantly. No issues with changing gear but it refused to do a firmware update today (just sits on "starting update" but doesn't do anything). I'll pop the battery out the controller tomorrow and see if that helps but has anyone had the issue? It's not taken any knocks or anything and have tried different batteries in the derailleur itself.

Off to the alps next week for some big rides and don't want a failure or get stuck in wrong gear out in the middle of nowhere. Has anyone else had this? I thought the lights only came on when it was being communicated with. No battery drain, still changes gear fine and otherwise works as supposed to. Just have the indicator light permanently on.

edit: have also tried cleaning contacts on derailleur with battery which made no change.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I suspect the green light is illuminated either by movement of the mech arm or by pressing test button. If the system is changing gear correctly it is unlikely the mech arm is at fault which just leaves the button. Have you checked to see if the button is slightly stuck in??

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Checked the axs button but all seems fine with it. Cleaned everything up, swapped out batteries in both controller and derailleur (though app was saying everything was ok in terms of charge). Tried pairing controller off my other bike and then repairing the original controller after the battery swap. One or all of those things allowed me to apply the software update via the app but the green light is still on. Everything still works fine other than the light being on so guess just live with it as it is. Will take it for a long ride this week to be sure before heading to Switzerland. Don't think there's a reset process for the derailleur?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles