Gun Mounts

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Ha, amateurs! What you need is a pair of these bad-boys and then run the buggers over, delighting in the close-up visceral pleasure as those hardened steel spikes rip through their brains and organs, while fountains of crimson hot blood splatter you and your bike - uh, uh, I think I've just cum . .

View attachment 128479
For a moment I considered studded tires (not those flesh piercing …holy sh*t)😉 but for the amount of times I would actually use them …it didn’t make sense even though I ride in snow/ice conditions.

Hunting (of any kind) is only a memory for me now. My transportation was a truck and ATV, but I still walked and stalked. If I had an eBike back then I probably would have used it rather than the ATV. But I would still walk and stalk. Shooting from an ATV, or even a bike, would be difficult and very inaccurate.

Before I stopped rifle hunting altogether, I switched exclusively to archery. I’ve seen too many bad results from inexperienced rifle hunters. My yearly harvest dropped considerably when I started using a bow, but the preparation and challenge was far greater. My zero results are some of my best memories.

I don’t think I would mount a gun to my bike …maybe a bow…or bear spray…or a bell.

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field
Ha, amateurs! What you need is a pair of these bad-boys and then run the buggers over, delighting in the close-up visceral pleasure as those hardened steel spikes rip through their brains and organs, while fountains of crimson hot blood splatter you and your bike - uh, uh, I think I've just cum . .

View attachment 128479
So do they need to have the tyres lined and tubed or just wack a tyre sealer in tubeless?

They look cocking heavy ....

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field
For a moment I considered studded tires (not those flesh piercing …holy sh*t)😉 but for the amount of times I would actually use them …it didn’t make sense even though I ride in snow/ice conditions.

Hunting (of any kind) is only a memory for me now. My transportation was a truck and ATV, but I still walked and stalked. If I had an eBike back then I probably would have used it rather than the ATV. But I would still walk and stalk. Shooting from an ATV, or even a bike, would be difficult and very inaccurate.

Before I stopped rifle hunting altogether, I switched exclusively to archery. I’ve seen too many bad results from inexperienced rifle hunters. My yearly harvest dropped considerably when I started using a bow, but the preparation and challenge was far greater. My zero results are some of my best memories.

I don’t think I would mount a gun to my bike …maybe a bow…or bear spray…or a bell.
It's a fair point about stability. I will certainly put up a dartboard down the field before I start taking potshots at big stuff.
It will certainly be interesting to see how quiet tho I can approach .
I came across about 35 deer not so long ago completely surprised them which turned out problematic as they bolted together.
Im fairly certain I got so close to quickly was because of the bike.
50-60yrds is easily done, sometimes closer.

I like the idea of a small mounted crossbow or something but it would be most likely extremely illegal in this country.😁

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I came across about 35 deer not so long ago completely surprised them which turned out problematic as they bolted together.
Never seen more than 5 deer in one place …but I accidentally walked/stalked into a resting herd of Rosevelt Elk once. I unexpectedly found myself in the centre horseshoe of a resting herd when I noticed a large rock, that turned out to be the belly of a big buck.

When the herd began to stampede I thought it was the end of the world. There was probably 18-20 elk and most of them never saw me, but that didn’t stop them from running straight at me. Any brush or small trees are no match for a fleeing elk.

I sat down until my heart rate returned to normal. Like I said, Bow hunting with no success are my best memories.

Sighting “in” was the most important thing I could do for myself and any game, regardless of the instruments I used. I could ring the bell at 300m on a secluded range.

Some of us could see the bullets fly (no-f**king-way), but when the temperature is right, the angle of the sun is low, and the humidity is perfect, the bullet would create a vapour trail to the target. Therefore a 300m scope sighting-in was possible. (Call me crazy) . We saw it. The conditions only lasted for about 5 minutes.

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field
Never seen more than 5 deer in one place …but I accidentally walked/stalked into a resting herd of Rosevelt Elk once.

Some of us could see the bullets fly (no-f**king-way), but when the temperature is right, the angle of the sun is low, and the humidity is perfect, the bullet would create a vapour trail to the target. Therefore a 300m scope sighting-in was possible. (Call me crazy) . We saw it. The conditions only lasted for about 5 minutes.
Yeah riding a bike into a resting heard is bad news, elk are big tho and would definitely be more scary than deer...
I have seen bullet trails in the high mountains during the winter.
Wierd but yes it's like you can see them travel the distance.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Yeah riding a bike into a resting heard is bad news, elk are big tho and would definitely be more scary than deer...
I have seen bullet trails in the high mountains during the winter.
Wierd but yes it's like you can see them travel the distance.
I’ve only seen this phenomenon twice, at this range, but once with 5 other guys. We knew we only had a few minutes, so everyone let the lead fly. Binoculars, sighting scopes and lots of suggestions helped everyone sight-in. Sounded like a shooting gallery. I always thought we were the only ones who experienced this. Can you imagine telling someone that you saw bullets fly? Nope! They’d lock me up.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Even Zimmerframe is lost for words. That’s new.
I'm searching for a picture ... apparently it's worth 1000 words and I've not had time to type anything.

I think @TimC7 easily wins the author award for the day anyway..

"delighting in the close-up visceral pleasure as those hardened steel spikes rip through their brains and organs, while fountains of crimson hot blood splatter you and your bike - uh, uh, I think I've just cum . ."

I can't deny I've written endless sh1te, but that's a masterclass - I think he's maybe the new Shakespeare.

@Moderator or whomever dishes out random special titles .. surely one is earned there !

He's effortlessly combined Mad Max, Fight Club, Heat, Slap Shot, The original Death Race 2000, Crash and an as yet unmade film "All about Karens" in less than two lines - Genius.

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field
I’ve only seen this phenomenon twice, at this range, but once with 5 other guys. We knew we only had a few minutes, so everyone let the lead fly. Binoculars, sighting scopes and lots of suggestions helped everyone sight-in. Sounded like a shooting gallery. I always thought we were the only ones who experienced this. Can you imagine telling someone that you saw bullets fly? Nope! They’d lock me up.
When it's misty you can see the shell trails on the tank range....,,,😏

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field
🤣🤣🤣 having just recalled watching the original death race film from my brain it's made me chuckle.
Weather Saturday is looking ok so I'm booked in for an area of observation by bike.
I'm going to try a couple of ideas I've got along with working out the way a suggestion has been put in my head.
Hopefully it will be dry. 🧐

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles