Got ya, red handed.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Ten grand bikes with no tracking, no registration/number plates or owner docs or vin number. It's a thieves wet dream. I see Ebikes as the no.1 most desirable object for stealing and selling on easily. Easy to part out and easy to sell whole.

Last edited:

BBear

May 18, 2019
Bristol
Glad they got caught. My Focus Jam2 was stolen from my garage last November. Heard nothing until a call from the Police a few weeks ago who said they’d caught someone and they wanted a telephone statement from me. The bike hadn’t been recovered though.

Thing is the Police forensics didn’t take any fingerprints or anything at the time so can’t see how they can prove it was him. The copper said it was his MO and he’d stolen loads of bikes which seems pretty tenuous for proving he took mine. The cynic in me suspects that they’re adding a load bike thefts onto the charge sheet to improve their clear up rate - or perhaps that’s unkind?

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
So was that the bikes from the burglary that was happening tat were recovered or a collection of bikes from past burglaries as well?

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
I’ve been looking at these, battery last a year and can be replaced. Just hide it on the bike and activate it like the find my iPhone function.

AirTag

Timochka69

Jan 31, 2018
Helsinki
Today I witnessed the police arresting bike thieves. Into the patrol car went the bike, a couple wheels and 2 suspects.
IMG_20210807_114702.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles