Good pubs near BPW to watch the footy on Saturday

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
A few of us are riding BPW on Saturday so looking for recommendations for a good pub to watch the football (England game).

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
You'll probably be ok going in the pub itself and watching the game, but I wouldn't wear an England shirt, cheer or make a scene if England score.... and that's the truth coming from a Welshman

Last edited:

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Ok we’ve done the Wetherspoons the past two nights - would it be riding our luck to do Skysports bar tomorrow?

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Ok we’ve done the Wetherspoons the past two nights - would it be riding our luck to do Skysports bar tomorrow?
I'm sure you'll be fine. As said above just don't make any sudden moves?. Sky sports bar not like a locals local is it.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Sorry guys we wimped out and returned over the border to watch it. Our accommodation was in an lively part of Merthyr shall we say so heeded the advice.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Our mate wild camped in his van near Brecon in a lay by. Woken up by loads of soldiers at 5am going out on exercise - thought he’d take a picture of them big mistake. Got a bollocking told to delete them immediately and the police arrived to check his phone as well.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
You'll probably be ok going in the pub itself and watching the game, but I wouldn't wear an England shirt, cheer or make a scene if England score.... and that's the truth coming from a Welshman
true, I played rugby for Llandovery and would watch the Eng vs Wales rugby at the club, even among friends I wouldnt wear a top or celebrate (too hard) - plus the entire game would be one non stop banter fest that would take its toll on the archbishop of banterbury himself... :D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles