Going riding with your kids

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
went out with my littlun today despite having technical issues with my Levo I actually fell in love with it again because the trails were silly steep and I ended up towing Sam up all the boring fire road climbs and even some of the gnarly singletrack climbs so we could enjoy some downhill together.

It was mostly the stuff I used to do on the MX bike and a lot of it really isnt possible on a normal bike. these trails being opened up on the e-bike is amazing but being able to tow the littlun so he can get out with me is just amazing..

81041293_587958395374004_4526079456132988928_n.jpg

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Nice! How old was your son before you could get him riding trails? Also, what does your tow setup look like?

weve been riding for years now but mainly small tracks and fire roads.. this was the first time we really did anything more demanding and we did that because he was interested, ive never encouraged him to do anything too savage cos he is involved in so many other sports I just leave him to it..

the tow rope was just a ratchet strap around the seat rails and tied to his stem... nothing fancy

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
These are quite neat if you're towing regularly .. for convenience and safety ..

Tow Ropes - TRAX - EMTB Forums

love it, but i actually have a stretchy proper tow rope somewhere here, I wasnt expecting to go out with Sam so it was last minute and I couldnt find it but that other rope I have would take all the shock out of it too...

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
love it, but i actually have a stretchy proper tow rope somewhere here, I wasnt expecting to go out with Sam so it was last minute and I couldnt find it but that other rope I have would take all the shock out of it too...

From my brief ( 1 week) with the trax there doesn't seem to be a problem from it not being stretchy - if anything that makes it more predictable. Most importantly, it's permanently mounted to my bike so will be easier to find.

One slight problem, the loop hangs out when retracted so might catch on the rear wheel. I slip it over the quick release for my seat post.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles