Kids ride shotgun 2.0

DrDexx

Mar 2, 2024
Longridge
I'm using the kids ride shot gun pro on my Orbea Wild. Works great and super easy to install and remove.

Jenks9

Jan 30, 2024
South wales
I recently purchased the pro which looked an awsome bit of kit to find out that is wasnt compatible with my cube stereo hybrid 160 due to the intergrated cable routing in the headset so looking at other possible options to get my little man out on the bike with me

Reactions: ipe

tabbibus

May 5, 2023
Atlanta, USA
FWIW I have the Mac Ride. And due to my short stem, and the Kenevo SL TCU location, I am unable to find a way to connect at the front. I'm strongly looking into a KRS Pro. I understand that the Pro is the only one that is compatible with the fatter top and down tubes on our bikes. If somone has had the 2.0 version work, it would be good to know.

DrDexx

Mar 2, 2024
Longridge
I recently purchased the pro which looked an awsome bit of kit to find out that is wasnt compatible with my cube stereo hybrid 160 due to the intergrated cable routing in the headset so looking at other possible options to get my little man out on the bike with me
Oh yeah I forgot about that. Orbea make a replacement headset top piece which allows the use of regular stem spacers and stems, so was able to use the shotgun pro with my headset routed cables.

Unsure if Cube do they same?

Jenks9

Jan 30, 2024
South wales
Oh yeah I forgot about that. Orbea make a replacement headset top piece which allows the use of regular stem spacers and stems, so was able to use the shotgun pro with my headset routed cables.

Unsure if Cube do they same?
Thats interesting would you possibly have a photo of what it looks like ?

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I pre-ordered the Pro when they announced it would work with eMTB's as it handled a wider frame. At that time, my boy wasn't even 2 - so I figured he'd enjoy going round the woods with dad. It arrived at the end of September - just as the UK gets cold and wet. I tried it once, but he complained about holding the bars with gloves on and how cold his hands were. Over the next few months, they announced their own handlebars, so I ordered them too. Used them once - but by the time they arrived, he was 3 and had got his own "big boy" bike for his 3rd birthday.
A few months later, he was on 2 wheels and had no desire to be stuck on my bike when he could ride his own!!

I sold it all on ebay in fantastic condition (used twice - and a couple of laps round the block for sizing!) and got a decent amount back for it. The timing was just unfortunate... if it had arrived at the start of spring and he was still 2, I'd have probably got some real use out of it. It's a really good well made piece of kit., and takes about 30 seconds to fit / remove once you have the stem adapter fitted.

IMG_8369 3.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles