Go PACK Go!

chefnerd

Aug 10, 2022
Wisconsin
Hello,

Been riding bikes for a while of various sorts. Currently have one bike which is a Salsa Mukluk. I am located in Wi and our whole family rides. I have had many different bikes, built some from scratch and home built e-Cargo bike (Larry vs. Harry).

Riding a bike is my place to get lost in my thoughts and be out in nature. With our two boys getting older and life filling up most every available moment I am looking at an eMTB to fill that N+1 for me. The ebike for me is going to make my downtime getting to the local trails quicker.

On the weekend I spend a lot of time 'Up North' in Upper Wi and Mi. Lots of great trails and wide open firelane roads to rip around on! My wife and I love to get away and ride some proper trials in Marquette when we have the chance. I am in full on research mode and would rather wait out the rest of the season to get the right bike for me rather than force fit something just to ride this season.

I have test road a few bikes locally such as the Scott Heckler, Mondraker Dusk R, and Giant Trance. Each one to me has its pluses and minus. Being a tall and big guy 6'2" @ 220lbs w/o gear I have really enjoyed the 29er and mullet setups. I really like the longer travel e-bikes and currently have the mentality that if I have a motor to help me pedal the bike around why not get a higher travel bike. The Rocky Mountain Altitude and Giant Reign are interesting to me at the moment. I see a ton of Levo's in the area and would love to get a little seat time on one of those as well.

Thanks for this great forum and I look forward to contributing to the great discussions taking place! I am open to any and all suggestions on future rides for me to consider.

Have a good one. :)

pxpaulx

Aug 2, 2022
Minnesota
Hey! If you're in WI you need to check out/call Crazy Lenny's stat. If you are ready to buy they may still have some greatly discounted 2020 BH Bikes inventory that they imported from the EU - check out this post:

BH truck load sale here in the States! - EMTB Forums

Likely that most Medium frames are sold out but might have some luck in other sizes - this inventory would have gone very fast but as of last weekend they did have some bikes still left. The prices are 50% or higher discount from MSRP - warranty is going to be limited though, but at least worth a phone call if you're ready to jump.

Here is a link to the 2020 lineup from BH for reference:

BH E-Bikes - Reviews, Comparisons, Specs

pxpaulx

Aug 2, 2022
Minnesota
I’ll have to check it out. My Dad got an e fat bike from them And was really happy with there service.

I've purchased from them a number of times over the years and consider them a go-to (live in the twin cities, drove there a couple times and had a few bikes shipped). Generally they have always been very competitive on price, but these prices are the best they have had in years (and certainly nothing like these deals since the pandemic started).

I actually had an issue with one of the 2 bikes we just purchased (display cable had been pulled out from the display and was not user-repairable) - they happened to have a tech that was coming up last weekend so they also swung by my house to fix the issue!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles