Giant Trance X E+ 1 Light Wiring

Speed10689

Mar 19, 2024
Brisbane, Australia
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone has come across this same issue and can help.

I am attempting to hard wire a front head light source to my my 2023 Giant Trance X E+ 1 battery. There are usually 36v (red) and 12v (white) connection ports located under the SyncDrive2 control unit of the top tube for plug and play. Only the 12v connection port is recommended for the light source. Unfortunately I have discovered that this connection port is being used to power the Fox Live Valve suspension system that is specific only the E+ 1 model.

Has anyone discovered a work around to be able to safely connect a front light source to the battery of a Trance X E+ 1 ? Is there splitter available that would allow me to connect both, or some other work around?

I can't believe Giant would be so lazy with the engineering of their top spec E-Bike for one not to exist.

Speed10689

Mar 19, 2024
Brisbane, Australia
Wouldn't that mean the light switch would turn the suspension system on and off?
I think you may have misunderstood. The available light port is already being used for the Fox Live Valve so there is no available port for the hard wiring of a light to the battery. If you are inferring as to what would happen after a splitter cable was used, I wouldn't think that would be case. A splitter cable would only supply separate power supplies to each for independent operation.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
That's strange as this Giant site lists lights as a possible option;

Screenshot_20240319-213904~2.png

Speed10689

Mar 19, 2024
Brisbane, Australia
Yes and highly frustrating. My Giant dealership mechanic was absolutely gobbed smacked. He is currently in contact with Giant Australia however at the present they have no solutions. Lights are plug and play for the lower spec E+ 2 and 3 models however the E+ 1 uses the available port for the Fox Live Valve. Very lazy of Giant, especially for their top spec version. I would have thought someone who buys their top spec version would be more likely to want to ride at night, not less.

mummyb0t

Nov 28, 2021
New Zealand
Yes and highly frustrating. My Giant dealership mechanic was absolutely gobbed smacked. He is currently in contact with Giant Australia however at the present they have no solutions. Lights are plug and play for the lower spec E+ 2 and 3 models however the E+ 1 uses the available port for the Fox Live Valve. Very lazy of Giant, especially for their top spec version. I would have thought someone who buys their top spec version would be more likely to want to ride at night, not less.
@Speed10689 - can i ask what light you were going to use here? I was looking at the magic shine ME2000 - but was worried it required more current than the 12v power supply.

offroad

Dec 29, 2021
Wanaka, New Zealand
Some frames have a second 36v JST (red) female socket alongside the 6v JST female light connector. Socket is marked "batt V". The circuit is hot and not switched. You can use this with multi voltage 12-48v aftermarket lights, but need inline switch or plug and play as you go.

I made up an adapter cable from the JST socket to a 2.1*5.5 DC socket on the bars for lights or a USB step down charger for phone.

The 6v light circuit is only 1.5A supply for 9w lights, the 36v circuit will take 5A easily. You can also use the 6v light circuit for 5v USB output as well.

IMG_5079.JPG IMG_5075.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles