Giant Ride Control App - Problems After Updates - No Ride Distance

Qualitydog1

May 16, 2024
USA
I have a giant trance e bike and the ride control app is not showing active miles, but all other items of the app seem to be working correctly. Is anyone else having this problem? Giant has recently changed the app to login everytime and this is when the problem started. I have to change my personal settings to imperial from metric each time I log on. This is a bit cumbersome. Is anyone else having problems with this phone app??

Krrr

Subscriber
2020 Trance. Sorry to be late to the party. I also have the Metric problem and sometime the app will not let me end a ride. It wants to resume or discard! Which means I lose my ride data. Does Giant not have an idea of what is going on. Week after Week.

Last edited:

Qualitydog1

May 16, 2024
USA
Still having the same problem. Not sure who to call except the bike shop. Was hoping someone could offer a solution. I deleted the app and downloaded again. Still no change.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Still having the same problem. Not sure who to call except the bike shop. Was hoping someone could offer a solution. I deleted the app and downloaded again. Still no change.
I have been using the various versions of the app since I got my Trance in 2019.
No version of the app has ever worked properly.
The ride logging function has never worked, either continually dropping out and losing ride data, or if it does log data, it is wildly inaccurate, reporting you have ridden 130 miles when you have only done 12, or that you have been to an altitude of 480 feet when you have not been over 150 feet!
The only thing the app is of any use for is checking battery health and level.
Giant have never shown any interest in providing a working app; the score for the app in the Google Play Store has never been far above 1 star, and Giant continue to ignore the thousands of people who have posted 1 star reviews (most of them would have given 0 stars if it was allowed!).

Qualitydog1

May 16, 2024
USA
Thank you for your comments. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t the only one with issues. I’ve logged over 4000 miles before this was an issue. Maybe I was lucky compared to most. Cheers and safe riding!

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
After posting my reply last week, I went for a ride today and decided to try the app's ride logging function again.
I was suprised to find that not only did everything work, and appeared to be reasonably accurate, (there was 17ft difference in altitude between the app and the Garmin), but there were a number of new features and fields which were not there before!
Also, it is now possible to zoom in and out on the map, which could never be done before, and the ride was saved at the first attempt.
The more recent updates must have fixed everything.
I have also found that on recent rides the bike keeps bluetooth contact with my Garmin throughout the ride, rather than loosing contact numerous times.
Let's hope it stays like this.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles