Levo Gen 2 Garmin vs Cheap Android with Blevo

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
I have always loved my Garmins, but recently I have leaned more twords my phone with Trailforks and google maps. I bought a Levo recently and ordered a Garmin Edge 1030 with hopes of using it as my cockpit to tell me all the good stuff, mainly speed, motor mode, battery life and such. I also still wanted to run trailforks. what I have found it either I do not quite have it figured out or it sucks. I can deffinitly see all the stuff I want on the screen, but when it comes time to run trailforks, or strava it does not quite work. I still have to have my phone on me and running both. Trailforks still does not seem fluid on the Garmin. Soo I ordered a cheap Android phone that is waterproof and has a saphire screen and activated it. I ran it today with blevo and strava and trailforks. I am impressed. is there any reason anyone can see to not sell or return the Edge 1030? Honestly it cost me a total of $130 and it will cost me 20 a month, and I could probably even run it without a contract.....
am I missing something???

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
I have always loved my Garmins, but recently I have leaned more twords my phone with Trailforks and google maps. I bought a Levo recently and ordered a Garmin Edge 1030 with hopes of using it as my cockpit to tell me all the good stuff, mainly speed, motor mode, battery life and such. I also still wanted to run trailforks. what I have found it either I do not quite have it figured out or it sucks. I can deffinitly see all the stuff I want on the screen, but when it comes time to run trailforks, or strava it does not quite work. I still have to have my phone on me and running both. Trailforks still does not seem fluid on the Garmin. Soo I ordered a cheap Android phone that is waterproof and has a saphire screen and activated it. I ran it today with blevo and strava and trailforks. I am impressed. is there any reason anyone can see to not sell or return the Edge 1030? Honestly it cost me a total of $130 and it will cost me 20 a month, and I could probably even run it without a contract.....
am I missing something???
I'd always ridden with Garmin devices until getting the Levo. After reading all the posts in the BLEvo thread I decided to give it a try with a cheap Android phone (my personal phone is an iPhone so there was a bit of a learning curve). I couldn't be happier and haven't found the need for a service agreement on the Android phone. I downloaded all the maps over wifi when setting it up and it syncs to Strava when I get back home. If I really wanted to sync remotely I can tether it to my iPhone hotspot.

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
good to know about the service, I was on the fence, but now I might have convinced my wife to do this also and she actually will need the phone service as she always wants a audio book or some other Sh## to listen to, so I can transfer my sim over to the one I buy for her!!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles