Fox Racing Shox DHX Live Valve Neo

Stoneilove

Jan 27, 2023
England
Hi guys hope your all well.
Been looking at the Fox racing Shox DHX live Valve Neo for a minute, really tempted to pull the trigger as from what i have read up on so far these could be a game changer, however i am finding it hard to get info from Fox if this is going to be compatiable with the Gen 3 Levo alloy comp frame regarding clearance, any help would be greatly recieved.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I find it crazy that fox put the live valve system on the dhx shock. I bought a regular dhx shock for $230 and if I am honest, it is not very good. Now Fox Takes a dh x shock and adds computer control to the compression circuit for something like $1400? Lol

Stoneilove

Jan 27, 2023
England
I find it crazy that fox put the live valve system on the dhx shock. I bought a regular dhx shock for $230 and if I am honest, it is not very good. Now Fox Takes a dh x shock and adds computer control to the compression circuit for something like $1400? Lol
After reading the reviews on it I'd agree, not wasting my money on it.

TurdFarmer

Sep 22, 2024
Australia
If I'm not mistaken I am pretty sure they are both a whole new shock.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I never change my suspension set up. Spent time setting the rebound/compression etc and havent changed it in 2 years.

For me the emtb doesnt need to be locked out as I dont need the pedalling efficiency it brings due to the motor. So having a system changing the settings on the fly doesnt feel like it would add much if anything to the party.

TurdFarmer

Sep 22, 2024
Australia
I never change my suspension set up. Spent time setting the rebound/compression etc and havent changed it in 2 years.

For me the emtb doesnt need to be locked out as I dont need the pedalling efficiency it brings due to the motor. So having a system changing the settings on the fly doesnt feel like it would add much if anything to the party.
You're definitely right to a certain degree. I'm curious as to how tuneable it is inside the app, if you can set it so it adds compression when you're pumping over rollers or in berms it could be beneficial. But for that sought of coin you would only really want to spend it on emtb if you were racing. I am tossing up wether or not to throw one on my analogue though, just because I'm curious and like to nerd out on this type of stuff.

e-rico

Jun 23, 2023
Vancouver
I have one and it’s excellent. It is noticeably more efficient when terrain changes and you can tune it for your local terrain. Like others have mentioned, the ebike motor kinda negates the need for hyper efficiency but it’s a sweet bit of tech.

Is it worth the money? Well that depends on what you can afford/justify. I equate it to buying Sworks vs Expert level specialized stuff. It’s not necessary but it sure is nice if you can afford it.

Noelmonkey

May 27, 2024
New zealand
Hi guys hope your all well.
Been looking at the Fox racing Shox DHX live Valve Neo for a minute, really tempted to pull the trigger as from what i have read up on so far these could be a game changer, however i am finding it hard to get info from Fox if this is going to be compatiable with the Gen 3 Levo alloy comp frame regarding clearance, any help would be greatly recieved.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles