Fox Factory X2 Issues

Dec 11, 2018
Sheffield,UK
I have a KSL with a Fox X2 shock

I went out last night and did a couple of DH trails then pedalling back to the top I noticed my pedals started clashing the rocks .

I inspected the bike and I had about 15mm of stanchion showing when I was sat on the bike .

I carefully went back to the van and headed back home .I naturally assumed it had lost pressure .

However when I got home and checked the pressure it was correct and hadn't lost any.

I also noticed even when I was off the bike not all the stanchion was showing.

I had it serviced in March by TF Tuned to which he rung me up and said my air can was slightly worn in side and it needed a new one but they had none in stock at that time . My option was to leave it with them hoping they would have a new one in soon or have them service it anyway but without a warranty.

I went with the latter and now its bust so I have no warranty either

It's a long winded post to just ask if anyone may know what the issue could be .

I wouldn't have thought it was the air can as that would loose pressure ?

any help would be appreciated

AusE

Dec 3, 2019
Australia
Did you equalise the pos and neg chambers when pressurising the shock, if not it could explain it. Other than that I got nothing good luck

Dec 11, 2018
Sheffield,UK
Thanks for your reply
I contacted Silverfish who are the Fox distributers here and they are replacing all the parts with 2023 parts free of charge
Apparently the 2021 X2 parts are sub standard and Fox are having a lot of issues so any 2021 X2 shock problems are being done free of charge and upgraded

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Sounds like the air migrated to the negative chamber and can't return? Or maybe a component (spacer, seal, etc) broke and is causing the shock to stay stuck down?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles