Focus jam2 6.8 plus 27.5 or trek rail 5?

Skyof

May 6, 2020
Finland
I dont know what to choose.
I get trek rail 5(625w) 4500e and focus jam2 6.8 27.5" plus (bosch motor )4520e.

I dont ride in bike parks and i use bike on winter too.

I think focus is little bit better specs on same prize.

Help me to choose bike?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Go with the one that would make you look back at it as you walk away. A little love goes a long way on a bike.

If that doesn't do it, toss a coin. Whatever the answer is ask yourself "am I pleased?"
If not, buy the other one!

Skyof

May 6, 2020
Finland
Go with the one that would make you look back at it as you walk away. A little love goes a long way on a bike.

If that doesn't do it, toss a coin. Whatever the answer is ask yourself "am I pleased?"
If not, buy the other one!

I dont know witch to choose because cant go long test ride on those.
Thats why asking here help to choose bike.

Witch is better value for money?
In reviews what i read trek is more trail bike and focus all-around bike right?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I dont know witch to choose because cant go long test ride on those.
Thats why asking here help to choose bike.
Look at the geometry of the bike, the website should have it, sometimes the sellers page has the data. Compare the geometry with a bike that you already know fits you. I find that the Reach and Stack dimensions are very informative. In addition read the reviews of the bike to see what is said. Do the characteristics of the bike being reviewed appeal to you and sound like your kind of bike? I have bought two bikes off the internet with no chance to ride them before hand. But with 5* reviews and an analysis of the geometry I was confident.

If this is your first emtb, then you have a problem. I test rode eight different emtbs and I could not believe the impact that the make of motor would have on the ride, nor the software. I even developed an opinion about how many power modes suited me and what sort of power shift mechanism (lever, buttons, rocker). I actively disliked some emtbs I rode. But in the end I chose a Focus Jam2 because it was the first emtb that I had ridden where I just rode the bike without having to think about the fact that it was an emtb. But my Jam2 is a different bike to the one you are looking at. Mine is a 29er CF, Shimano not Bosch (therefore different software too), smaller battery with TEC pack not 625Whr. So even that is no help. Trek rails are good too. It has been said many times that all emtbs these days are good ones, you just have to make sure it fits, hence my earlier points about the geometry.

Skyof

May 6, 2020
Finland
Look at the geometry of the bike, the website should have it, sometimes the sellers page has the data. Compare the geometry with a bike that you already know fits you. I find that the Reach and Stack dimensions are very informative. In addition read the reviews of the bike to see what is said. Do the characteristics of the bike being reviewed appeal to you and sound like your kind of bike? I have bought two bikes off the internet with no chance to ride them before hand. But with 5* reviews and an analysis of the geometry I was confident.

If this is your first emtb, then you have a problem. I test rode eight different emtbs and I could not believe the impact that the make of motor would have on the ride, nor the software. I even developed an opinion about how many power modes suited me and what sort of power shift mechanism (lever, buttons, rocker). I actively disliked some emtbs I rode. But in the end I chose a Focus Jam2 because it was the first emtb that I had ridden where I just rode the bike without having to think about the fact that it was an emtb. But my Jam2 is a different bike to the one you are looking at. Mine is a 29er CF, Shimano not Bosch (therefore different software too), smaller battery with TEC pack not 625Whr. So even that is no help. Trek rails are good too. It has been said many times that all emtbs these days are good ones, you just have to make sure it fits, hence my earlier points about the geometry.

Only owned 1emtbs and it was canyon neuron on 6.0 2020 M-size.
Shimano old motor is off the list.

I have read lots reviews on focus and trek,but still hard to make decisions.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
That is a good bike, why are you changing?
emtbs are in short supply right now, or long lead times, so I'm hanging on to my two-year old just out of warranty bike until things settle down.

Lexinoo

Sep 21, 2019
Cannock chase
I can't help with your decision but I have a Canyon Spectral on . I have ridden friends treks, and specialized ebikes that cost a fair bit more than mine did and I can't say I found them any better (or worse) than the Canyon. What are you hoping to improve upon?

Skyof

May 6, 2020
Finland
That is a good bike, why are you changing?
emtbs are in short supply right now, or long lead times, so I'm hanging on to my two-year old just out of warranty bike until things settle down.

That feel little big to mee but didint change stem on it and was planning to buy spectral on but they was all sold out.

Skyof

May 6, 2020
Finland
I can't help with your decision but I have a Canyon Spectral on . I have ridden friends treks, and specialized ebikes that cost a fair bit more than mine did and I can't say I found them any better (or worse) than the Canyon. What are you hoping to improve upon?

Ye spectral on was all sold out when was planning to buy that.

I hope some agility,playful and stable bike and geometry what fit me.
Im 173cm/inner leg 79cm.
I dont ride on pike parks or big trails.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Given what you have listed, and if you dont have a wheel size preference, both will do the job, so just get the one you like the look of best! Both good bikes

Patchinko

Aug 14, 2020
S.W hants
But you can use 29"wheels on focus jam too.

Your opening post....

"dont know what to choose.
I get trek rail 5(625w) 4500e and focus jam2 6.8 27.5" plus (bosch motor )4520e."

Opologies. The "Focus jam 2 6.8 27.5" bit must have confused me.

SGS

Jan 5, 2021
Sydney
I have had numerous and still own Trek bikes, and loved them all, but I bought the Focus. Why - The Focus is better value, you get better components for your $$$

N19E GT

Dec 10, 2020
england
I dont know what to choose.
I get trek rail 5(625w) 4500e and focus jam2 6.8 27.5" plus (bosch motor )4520e.

I dont ride in bike parks and i use bike on winter too.

I think focus is little bit better specs on same prize.

Help me to choose bike?
I,

N19E GT

Dec 10, 2020
england
I’ve got a Trek rail 7 and a Focus sam2 6.8
I’ve not ridden the Trek , since the got the Focus. Both great bikes , but the focus’s suspension is far superior

DFF72E59-0B97-4B3F-8F96-9AC7698F9440.jpeg

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
I am Focus biased but whatever bike you choose be sure to get the RIGHT SIZE I am convinced I bought too small for me as always shifting back in the saddle ...
My error was just taking the bike shop advice ...will know next time >>>>>>>.

Last edited:

SGS

Jan 5, 2021
Sydney
I am Focus biased but whatever bikre you choose be sure to get the RIGHT SIZE I am convinced I bought too small for me as always shifting back in the saddle ...
My erros was just taking the bike shop advice ...will know next time >>>>>>>.
I have found that most bike shops will always sell you a smaller size than you actually need. I have been told many times to get a medium or medium/large and yet a large is what I ride, I even had an extra large at one point

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles