Flyon Battery Range Extender

Cobra75007

Oct 5, 2023
Denver, CO, USA
Hi guys, I'm getting about 15.5 miles on a full charge on the Fylon. That mainly in Low - Mid riding power. Maybe a bit of High here and there. What are you guys getting? Is there a way to recondition the battery here? or any way to add a range extender?

I get about 19 miles riding mostly in Turbo on my 3.0 AllMTN with the 500wh battery.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
The bigger TQ motor is a bit of a watt hog. Here is an older thread that might provide some beta for you?

Cobra75007

Oct 5, 2023
Denver, CO, USA
The bigger TQ motor is a bit of a watt hog. Here is an older thread that might provide some beta for you?

thanks. this is helpful. increasing my cadence before taking off will likely be helpful. Any threads on a Range Extender solution?

Dodgy

Jan 21, 2018
Cumbria
Found this on YouTube

FDB8D0FA-A4D4-47B2-9333-5D4B17ADA8A3.png

MadMunky

Jun 15, 2021
Hampshire
I had to drive down to Spain so talked with the Volabike guys and popped in there on my way back to pick up a battery extender, they made me a 756Wh extender (would have gone for the 1000Wh but it doesn't fit in the frame).

I fitted it the other day and took it out last night to give it a quick test, I managed to get 11 Miles on XTREAM which was unheard of before and still had 75% battery left.

I hope to test it more next week so will report back what range I'm now getting, before I would get around 20 miles on low maybe 25 if I was lucky, I believe I should now get way over 40 miles which is perfect for me.

Installation is a little daunting having to splice into the wiring harness but apart from that the installation was simple.

Just thought I would post in case anyone else was interested, the battery life has always been the downside for me on the Flyon.

Just a note, make sure you contact Volabike in Spain, there was some fake company in Italy which never shipped any products.

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-20 at 13.33.18_187cb232.jpg

MadMunky

Jun 15, 2021
Hampshire
Took this out last night and its not perfect, when both batteries are enabled and you stop for a period of time you get a battery error message on the display so you have to turn off both and then turn one back on again at a time.

That said I did a 37 mile ride on XTREAM and had 25% battery left

I will contact the Volabike team to see if there is anything that can be done about the error but for me, I can live with it if I have to as I would prefer the have the range.

1719211625583.jpeg

Cobra75007

Oct 5, 2023
Denver, CO, USA
Interesting to hear. I chatted with the Volabike guys, ordered from their website, and the extender was never delivered. I dont think they were the italians you mentioned, but i got screwed either case. This was direct from the website: /www.volabike.com

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles