Flyon battery charging - Won't go to 100%

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
UPDATE - I've been storing one of my batteries in the house at approx 80% for the last couple of weeks. Planning a ride today, I plugged it in to top up to "full".

Popped the battery in the bike and low and behold, 100%.

FullonFlyon

Jan 2, 2021
Bristol
Hi Sidepod, i used mine in the house and found in the warm it mostly charged to 100% but when back out in the cold it’s possibly 99% I haven’t seen 97% again and I use it a lot but I’m off out now I will check again. I also hadn’t got the lock turned on which I was questioning if there was some drain but I never got any answer from Haibike such is their poor service

Technomupet67

Dec 29, 2020
London
I think that we have to allow for some flex on the exact display of % versus "reality". The difference between 99 or 100 is very tiny in terms of actual potential range difference. Probably less than half a mile (assuming 630wh is a "true" capacity, 1% is only 6.3wh probably less than 2 minutes of motor support).
Although I wonder if there is a temperature management capability in the battery itself. As such, is the battery self-monitoring its temperature to either limit current drain or current charge. (similar to electric cars). I have noticed a reduced range in cold weather.

For sure the batteries prefer to be warm rather than cold for better performance in general.

Swissete

May 6, 2020
Spain
This is interesting and troublesome if the batteries degrade that fast.

In my case, on every charge, the battery is topped up to 100%, never saw anything less. The charger used is the standard one that came with the bike and always charging in a garage between 18º-24ºC. The battery is 9 months old and has around 50 full charges

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles