Five Ten alternatives?

cryptout

Apr 5, 2021
Amsterdam Netherlands
I just got back into (e)MTB and I'm looking for shoes for the winter. I used to love Five Ten's but the new "Adidas" narrow fit is hurting my rather wide feet (size 13.5). So I'm looking for something fairly water resistant with a very wide "toe box" for flats.

Any tips much appreciated.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Learn how to ride a flat pedal in normal (non sticky soled shoes) and reap the benefits of being able to wear whatever footwear you like.

cryptout

Apr 5, 2021
Amsterdam Netherlands
Learn how to ride a flat pedal in normal (non sticky soled shoes) and reap the benefits of being able to wear whatever footwear you like.
Good point, I never used sticky soles till my first pair of Five Ten years ago. So I guess I could go back. But I'll give those Vaude Moab shoes a go first, they look like what I'm looking for.

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
I have just got the Volt with BOA from Scott
So far they have been excellent
Actually I fell they are better for a small "adjustment" on pedals due to a tighter pattern on the Sticki-Rubber soles

I also love my Five-Ten - and it looks like 8 out of 10 riders in my area are using them 🤘

SCOTT Sport Volt 2021 MTB Shoes

91787-1_1.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have been riding these for about 4 months now, and they are a great shoe - supposedly waterproof but yet to fully test. Great shoes.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I went specialized roost 2fo for my wide feet. They seem good to me.

That's what I now have, my feet didn't get on with 5 Ten Freerider Pros.

For this winter have some Five Ten Trailcross Mid Primaloft shoes bought in the sales, hope my feet like them.

Last edited:

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I have etnies culvert right now. I like them. I think ill go back to ride concepts though. Theyre soul is more sticky similar to 5ten. Wider toe box on the RC than the etnies. Not sure if theyre wide enough for you. My foot is ok in both

Philly G

Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
I've just bought RC Hellion Elites, first time I've tried anything other than Five Tens. I really like them, they're much more comfortable than the Five Tens, and although not quite as grippy, they're pretty damn close. Sizing runs small however, had to go a whole size up from what I take in Five Tens. My toes used to go numb in the Five Tens but not in the RCs

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles