First ebike 6k what are you guys riding

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
Hey have the funds for my first ebike , I want a bike that can run both 29er in 2.6 and 27.5 x 2.8 , I like the look of the scott genius 2020 tuned , any other opinions? Thanks

games133

Apr 19, 2020
hartlepool
hi after a few demos of e-bike last year one my local bike shops had a trek powerfly 7lt plus. it was year old and new motor so idecided to get for £2500. cheap really i think i had for a month sold it yeasterday for £2500 done 70 mile i alos bought a scott genius e-ride 910 yearsday for a great price £4200 ex demo with 118 miles on it. the odd chip hear and there but that can be painted. the only reason i got ride the trek was it was a gen 2/3 motor and the scott gen 4

Twonks

Apr 16, 2022
Midlands
I'd imagine pretty much any bike that runs 29X2.6 could run 27.5 x 2.8 but, I'd question why on an ebike?

Not because plus tyres are out of fashion, more because they are just not needed and don't really offer anything to an electric assisted bike.
I say this with experience as my non electric hardtail is 27.5+ and I love it - prefer it over 29 anything, yet the 29 x 2.6" on my new ebike copes with everything and more the plus tyres do.

I have climbed steep and loose trails that the plus tyred HT can't - mainly because of assistance - and have never missed the plushness that the plus tyre give as ebikes seem to have plusher suspension by design, probably due to their extra mass.

Also, the speed and 'hammerability' (is that a word?) that you'll soon aquire when used to assistance will give plus tyres a hard time unless they are inflated too much - which defeats the object anyway.

Because of this I don't really see a need for plus tyre on an ebike - even for a mullet build, which could use 27.5 x 2.6" - assuming the bikes geometry is suited to it.

Picking up on which bike, I went with a 2022 Giant Trance XE+1 for £5999 and have not regretted it or wished for anything else yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
I have a brand new orbea rise hydra (black/silver) H30 with renthal cockpit, magura MT7s, and only 2 full charge cycles that I am selling (posting this week in classifieds) That is right at your price point if interested.

Hey have the funds for my first ebike , I want a bike that can run both 29er in 2.6 and 27.5 x 2.8 , I like the look of the scott genius 2020 tuned , any other opinions? Thanks

36FFAC9D-3D71-4F2A-A7E7-ADA34DAAADF7.jpeg

Twonks

Apr 16, 2022
Midlands
Looks like others have fallen for the post before checking the date, as I did.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles