EP801 Screenless

Cycledesign89

Jun 26, 2023
London
Hi,

I've got a pre-order on the new privateer E161 which comes with EP801. I'd like to run it screenless if I can and still be able to switch modes using the thumb switch on the LH side. I've seen the thread on the EW-EN100 but i'm not clear if that still allows you to run the thumb switch to change modes. Dores anyone know if there's any indicator about which mode you're in if you take out the screen (LED on the power button etc...?)

Basically, i'm trying to recreate the bosch smart controller system because I think its so much cleaner.

I have a garmin smart watch so i'm led to believe i can see accurate battery info on that but not certain. Would it tell me what mode I'm in as well?

braaten22

Mar 24, 2019
Norway
Hello i run my yeti with EP801 without screen. Just ising The EM800 assist switch on the bar. The ew-sw310 powerbutton indicates witch mode im in 👌
IMG_0001.jpeg

braaten22

Mar 24, 2019
Norway
If You Are going to Connect tiur Watch and run screenless then u need The SW-EN600-L assist switch instead becuase that has Bluetooth build in 👌

Cycledesign89

Jun 26, 2023
London
Thanks for the help all. I’m not sure exactly which thumb controller I’ll be getting so unsure on Bluetooth capabilities. If the battery level is on the power button then I don’t need the garment watch connectivity.

Is it as simple as just unplugging the display? You don’t need any hardware to blank off the cables where the display was?

Last edited:

braaten22

Mar 24, 2019
Norway
I'd be also interested how that connection work. SW-EM800 (mode switch) -- > EW-SW310 (updated power button) --> EP801 drive unit? Or do we connect it diff
I'd be also interested how that connection work. SW-EM800 (mode switch) -- > EW-SW310 (updated power button) --> EP801 drive unit? Or do we connect it differently?
Just like you said! The EW-sw310 has 2 ports!

2stroked

Dec 15, 2022
Nanaimo
I was able to change the settings on my remote switch so the second button changes the what the power settings are and disconnected the screen and the standard switch, can’t put it in walk mode if you use it but other than that it works fine

Redemption08

May 1, 2024
Arroyo Grande
Hello i run my yeti with EP801 without screen. Just ising The EM800 assist switch on the bar. The ew-sw310 powerbutton indicates witch mode im in 👌 View attachment 121183
How did you do this? I'm looking to either get that updated left hand switch to remove the screen. I have a Garmin Fenix 6 that gives me additional battery information. Not too worried about specifics on the screen, only being able to change modes.

New to ebikes and upgrades such as this.

dreys

Jan 20, 2024
California
How did you do this? I'm looking to either get that updated left hand switch to remove the screen. I have a Garmin Fenix 6 that gives me additional battery information. Not too worried about specifics on the screen, only being able to change modes.

New to ebikes and upgrades such as this.
To run screenless, you'd need EP801 and 2nd Gen Shimano battery, as well as power switch above.

If you have any other motor, or any non-2nd Gen battery, screenless won't work.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles