Emtb training camp / holiday for newbies

macs80

Feb 16, 2020
Switzerland
Hi guys,

I already rode an emtb a couple of time and enjoyed it so much. I still have to purchase mine but meanwhile I would like to go to an emtb training camp where I can learn and improve my skills faster.

I would like to spend around 10 days at the beginning of March for that. I already spent a few hours googling to find the best training camp but I haven’t found any course for this period.

Any help?

By the way I’m Max from Switzerland, it’s a few months that I read you but this is my first post.
Thanks in advance and nice to meet you.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I forgot to mention that I haven’t geographical limits.
Could be in South Africa, Canary Island, US, etc

I already have seen all destination into the travel forum but they are not really training camp

You might do better to post this in the Travel Forum. I'm not sure that posters lurking in there will be reading this forum.

I think you'll find that most of the companies offering "Guiding and Tours" will tailor the package to your needs. So, if you want tuition, you'll get tuition as part of the package. Why not email them to ask?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Fly me and my bike (more difficult) to switzerland and put me up for 10 days and I'm in.
What in particualr do you want to learn?

I wouldn't have thought you'd find any coaching company that can do a 10 day 1to1 Ebike specific course at this short notice

EvolutionUK76

Feb 13, 2020
Hampshire
Hi Max,
I am coming over to Switzerland in the spring to check out the flow trails and hit the snow! You have some of the best trails in your back garden! There must be some great emtb hubs near by?
My advice would be get your bike and just ride out, its the best way to learn and adapt to the bike. (y):cool:
Cheers Matt

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I forgot to mention that I haven’t geographical limits.
Could be in South Africa, Canary Island, US, etc

I already have seen all destination into the travel forum but they are not really training camp

I followed a link from the Travel Forum to Georgia Tours and found the following:

The program can include both simple tours in the city and mountains, and something more extreme with elements of training.
The "bold" is by me. I'm pretty sure that any and every tour company will tailor make a package to you. They have to do this anyway because they have such a complete mix of abilities as customers.

Aug 11, 2019
Croatia

macs80

Feb 16, 2020
Switzerland
Fly me and my bike (more difficult) to switzerland and put me up for 10 days and I'm in.
What in particualr do you want to learn?

I wouldn't have thought you'd find any coaching company that can do a 10 day 1to1 Ebike specific course at this short notice

I'm not looking for private lessons. I'm afraid that I couldn’t afford it. And the current whether in Switzerland is not better than UK. So I really would like to travel to a summer / warm country to take holiday while improving my ride skills.

I'm looking for public course mixing training and tours. I want to learn almost everything like:
  • Manual
  • Bunny hop
  • Jump
  • Wheelie
  • Technical climbs
  • Flat corne
  • Etc

macs80

Feb 16, 2020
Switzerland
Hi Max,
I am coming over to Switzerland in the spring to check out the flow trails and hit the snow! You have some of the best trails in your back garden! There must be some great emtb hubs near by?
My advice would be get your bike and just ride out, its the best way to learn and adapt to the bike. (y):cool:
Cheers Matt

Hi Matt,

I'm really motivated to learn as soon as possible but if I don’t find anything I’ll follow your advice. ?

Thanks,
Max

macs80

Feb 16, 2020
Switzerland
Unfortunately not. I don't see myself competent to pass out bike knowledge as an instructor.
I can though spend a 10 days riding and transferring anyone throughout the Croatian trails, I have no problem with that.

My buddies at Bikegalaxy have bike workshops occasionally, maybe you @macs80 can find something you like here https://bikegalaxy.si/workshops/

Would we great but I’m looking for March or at worst in April. Then I have go back to work ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I'm not looking for private lessons. I'm afraid that I couldn’t afford it. And the current whether in Switzerland is not better than UK. So I really would like to travel to a summer / warm country to take holiday while improving my ride skills.

I'm looking for public course mixing training and tours. I want to learn almost everything like:
  • Manual
  • Bunny hop
  • Jump
  • Wheelie
  • Technical climbs
  • Flat corne
  • Etc
I can teach you all those things and a lot more.
None of them other than technical climbing/wheelying needs to be Emtb specific.

10 days coaching on a public mtb skills course is going to cost you in the region of a grand.

I just happen to live half an hours drive from the most mtb trail populated region in the UK but I understand your preference for better weather. Choose a warm destination with good mtb trails, book accomodation and flights, buy me dinner each night and I'd still be up for it.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
@macs80 FYI Here's the booking form for a very basic single days group Emtb coaching course run this April by a very well respected skills coach at a trail centre close to me
E-Bike Courses
It's 110 quid for 4 hours (with a lunch break)
As a complete beginner you'd probably get quite a lot out of it but TBH it really is very basic and a lot of the info you'll be given is common sense or found very easily reading this forum.
you wouldn't be being taught anything anywhere near as advanced as Manuals, bunnyhops, jumping, wheelies or technical climbs. More basic line choice, positioning, braking, balance and weight placement. Split between 5 other pupils I'm sure you can guess the amount of actual tuition/riding you'd do will be limited.

macs80

Feb 16, 2020
Switzerland
Thanks Garry ! But I would avoid to travel for just 4h of course! ?

Meanwhile I have a little changed my plan. In March I’ll go to South America to learn kitesurf ! Then when I’ll go back, probably in April, there will be more training offers into the Alps.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
For my experience of Switzerland there are all sorts of training camps held in a lot of resorts over the summer? I was recently in Flims-Laax and they where advertising them there, not EMTB specific but seems like lots of options, and all the local shops in the Graubunden area seemed to be heavily into EMTB's

EvolutionUK76

Feb 13, 2020
Hampshire
Hi Matt,

I'm really motivated to learn as soon as possible but if I don’t find anything I’ll follow your advice. ?

Thanks,
Max

No problem Max. You Tube is the best platform to learn new bike skillz.
Hi Matt,

Thanks,
Max

No problem Max. YouTube is the best place to learn new bike skillz. Good luck.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles