Ebike newbie needs help with a purchase.

ckay76

Aug 24, 2018
De4 4fx
Evening All. I've been looking at getting an ebike since I hired a Focus Bold2 in Austria. Found a Specialized Turbo Levo FSR Comp Carbon 2018 6Fattie for £4k this evening and ready to purchase. My questions are as it's a lot of money is, is this a good bike and is the spec worth the money? Thank you in advance?

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
I have the alloy version of the bike you're looking at and i can honestly say that i love every minute i spend on it, no matter where I'm riding it.

The Turbo Levo is a very popular bike and that's because its regarded as one of the best ebikes out there and has been for some time now. Obviously there are other very good and well spec'd bikes out there too.

For me it came down to what i like the look of initially, then the motor and how the power was delivered that confirmed my choice. After demoing one i fell in love and new i had to get one.

When it comes to spec, generally the spec on bikes of this price range is very good across the brands and you wont go to far wrong with it. If you're into big boy downhill trails then the Kenevo would be the better choice with the extra travel but my Levo has done everything I've sent it up and down.

To sum up all i can say is pull the trigger and get it.. you will love it ??

ckay76

Aug 24, 2018
De4 4fx
Thank for your help. One last question if I may. What are the assist levels for turbo. The manual says 100% max but systems like Bosch and steps say that turbo offers 230%. Surely the brose figures can't be that low.

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
In all honesty I'm not too clued up when it comes to that side of it but heres a screenshot of the standard levels that are currently running on my bike. Now that i have the frimware update i have access to the Infinate Tune feature which is fully adjustable.

Not to sure if this is what you're asking about but I'm sure other forum members like @Doomanic @Dax and @Rob Hancill may be able to explain your question much better.
Screenshot_20180827-221401_Mission Control.jpg

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
Am new too. Rode Haibike, and Resse and Mueller and "Flex Super fly" I know maybe not exact name so check -- but in the end I chose the Levo alloy then on a whim decided go big or go home and went for an expert. That said, my first bike, and I only really used eco in 35% and occasional trail in 60% testing. 60% is actually a lot. I don't honestly know what hills or mountains you'd need 100% for unless you don't even want to put in any effort. I over did my first couple rides and my right knee was so sore I used just my left leg in trail to go home and even that was easy. I am assuming you want to atleast pedal and get some exercise even mild one otherwise motor bike might be better. It couldn't be easier. Infact all the bikes I tested had more than enough juice I wouldn't be concerned. Take it out for short spin see how you feel.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Mrs levity and I each have 2018 Levo Comp Carbon bikes, purchased Dec. 2017. We've put in lots of miles and had lots of smiles on a wide range of trail conditions with no problems. Plenty of power, easily handles the steepest grades we've tried. The component spec is good, although we built new wheels with wider carbon rims for riding desert sand. The handlebar control on the 2018 model is a major plus. I predict you'll be a very happy camper!

Recommend using the Mission Control Ap to look at the battery condition before purchase.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles