E8000 motor

karloskarlotti

Jan 18, 2021
Manchester
Hi I've had a problem with my shimano e8000 motor with the e010 code. Its come to the conclusion it's finished and needs replacing. The bike is out of warranty and I would like to purchase a new motor and replace myself but people keep saying I can't cos it will need configuration or something with angles etc. I have st unlocker app which gives me options to change wheel size etc. Can anyone here help before I buy cos the shop want 850 where I can purchase online for 650 which is a big saving. Any help would help. Thanks Karl

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
It could be worth talking to these people:

They only offer services to motors that are out of warranty.

karloskarlotti

Jan 18, 2021
Manchester
It could be worth talking to these people:

They only offer services to motors that are out of warranty.
I've already contacted this company really helpful but says the Shimano are a tricky system due to no spare parts.

Cord

Mar 15, 2020
lancs
My mate swapped a dead e7000 for a new one. No issues at all, just unplugged the old 1, plugged the new 1 in and off it went. He noted absolutely everything he could see within the app incase it needed re-entering, but it was all still there.

karloskarlotti

Jan 18, 2021
Manchester
My mate swapped a dead e7000 for a new one. No issues at all, just unplugged the old 1, plugged the new 1 in and off it went. He noted absolutely everything he could see within the app incase it needed re-entering, but it was all still there.
Yeah that sounds great to hear. I've been passed around without a straight answer from the place I purchased it from.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I've already contacted this company really helpful but says the Shimano are a tricky system due to no spare parts.
Oh bugger! My e8000 is out of warranty and still going strong. But sooner or later it will fail and that company was going to be my saviour! Ah well. Maybe they will have a different view by the time my motor does fail. Or maybe there will be other companies out there.
If you find anyone, please let us all know. :)

karloskarlotti

Jan 18, 2021
Manchester
Oh bugger! My e8000 is out of warranty and still going strong. But sooner or later it will fail and that company was going to be my saviour! Ah well. Maybe they will have a different view by the time my motor does fail. Or maybe there will be other companies out there.
If you find anyone, please let us all know. :)
Definitely. He did say he's gonna be working more closely with the unit in the future.
I just want my bike back ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles