E sommet repair or renew?

Davepit

Nov 19, 2021
London
My 2020 e sommet has finally succumbed to motor death. I really like the way the bike handles the look of the external battery doesn't bother me in fact it's been an advantage on long rides with a spare in the back pack. My dilemma is do I throw a chunk of money at it to get it going again or take the plunge and go new and up to date. I've test ridden a few bikes but they don't seem to handle like the old Vitus. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
If you like the bike I'd look into the actual cost of repairing the motor before deciding to go new. maybe the bearing man can save the motor.

Give the e-bike motor centre a call.

explosifpete

Jul 17, 2024
Essex
My 2020 e sommet has finally succumbed to motor death. I really like the way the bike handles the look of the external battery doesn't bother me in fact it's been an advantage on long rides with a spare in the back pack. My dilemma is do I throw a chunk of money at it to get it going again or take the plunge and go new and up to date. I've test ridden a few bikes but they don't seem to handle like the old Vitus. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
If you do decide to get a new bike I would be intrested in buying your old frame if its in my size

Pete

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles