DVO Topaz travel spacer

PureFM

Sep 26, 2023
45°S New Zealand
I'm trying to chase down a 2.5mm and preferably a 7.5mm travel spacer for a DVO Topaz T3. There are some in Europe but 20-30 euro's postage is a little hard to take for a $3 part.
DVO USA have none and my local agent here in New Zealand has none.
So if anyone has one they are willing to sell and send?
Or if some one could measure one up so I can 3D print one.

Thanks

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
There is no need for all that faff and expense! :)

Just cut a 5mm one down with a fine saw or a craft knife. Yes, I know they are an irregular shape! Weigh the spacer first on some kitchen scales and then carve away until you get to half the weight. If you don't have digital scales, use a balance and put the discards on one scale and your target on the other.

Topaz travel spacer in situ.jpg

Topaz travel spacer removed.jpg

Below is a composite pic someone sent me.

topaz stroke spacer photo.jpg

PureFM

Sep 26, 2023
45°S New Zealand
There is no need for all that faff and expense! :)

Just cut a 5mm one down with a fine saw or a craft knife. Yes, I know they are an irregular shape! Weigh the spacer first on some kitchen scales and then carve away until you get to half the weight. If you don't have digital scales, use a balance and put the discards on one scale and your target on the other.
Yeah thats fine if I had a 5mm one to cut down. Thanks for the pics, I had seen them previously

I can probably make one using thick nylon washers if I knew how thick to make it. I thought it might be volume based but but that doesn't work when the same spacers are used for 55mm and 63mm shocks..... From photos it appears that the difference is the part below the shoulder....just how much?

Guess i'll just have to air the shock down and temporarily fit bits in there until I get the travel I want.

DVO unsurprisingly didn't reply to my email for dimensions :)

I did find this pic on PB
Topaz spacer.jpeg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I will message you with a name and email of a guy at DVO that I found to be very helpful.

Edit: Hmmm, it seems that I cannot send you a message because you haven't been on the Forum long enough. (It's an anti-spam measure). So post more.

Last edited:

ashleydwsmith

Apr 15, 2022
Guildford uk
Resurrecting this thread, is it possible to reduce the stroke length of the topaz 3? I would like one on my Whyte but I need a 230 eye to eye and 57.5 stroke length. The one I’ve seen is 60mm

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Resurrecting this thread, is it possible to reduce the stroke length of the topaz 3? I would like one on my Whyte but I need a 230 eye to eye and 57.5 stroke length. The one I’ve seen is 60mm
This whole thread says that you can adjust the stroke length within the limit of the design. The one I had could be altered from 55 to 50mm stroke. What I don't know is where yours is on the continuum. Is it a 65 to 60 range and is already at the bottom of adjustment or is it a 60 to 55 stroke and can be easily adjusted. You need to do some homework.

I will message you an email address of the tech guy at DVO who was very helpful to me.

Done!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles