Wanted DVO Topaz 210 x 55

Barnicles

Aug 8, 2020
Uk
I'm looking for a DVO Topaz 210 x 55 rear shock for my pedal bike if anyone has one going spare.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I was looking for one the year before last and it took ages to find one, over 6 months in fact. DVO have done a supply deal with a bike company (Pivot I think, could be wrong) and it has mopped up a lot of their output. DVO are an American company and don't appear to have much supply left over the for the UK. They only send shipments to the UK every two months and most are presold to the dealers. I found Evo Cycles to be very helpful (but they didn't tell me about the next paragraph!) The Topaz T3 is definitely a shock worth waiting for though.

I spent so long looking at Topaz specs that I realised that the shock is exactly the same size and spec whether it is a 210 x 55 or a 210 x 50 (or anywhere in between). After six months looking for 210 x 55, I found a 210 x 50 from CRC and they had 6 in stock. I waited until I'd got mine and then told this Forum, the other five were gone the next day. A few months after I'd fitted the shock to my bike (marvellous by the way), I decided to sell the bike. I removed the shock and refitted the original. I sold the Topaz T3 to another Forum member who wanted a 210 x 52.5.

So, I had bought it as a 210 x 50, used it as a 210 x 55, and sold it as a 210 x 52.5! :)

The travel spacer inside is easy to remove and refit and needs no special tools. You can modify the spacer yourself or buy new ones on eBay for a few pounds. The guy I sold the Topaz to was easy to convince and had no problems fitting the half size spacer. Hope that helps! :)

If you use the search function, you should find the saga.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles