Do you polish your bike?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I actually pledge (furniture polish) my Carbon frames once in a while. (Roadbike and raw carbon Enduro bikes, not Eebs)
Just a 2min wipe on wipe off not a full on wankfest.

Nick van winkle

Jun 24, 2020
Germany
I distribute Juice Lubes from the UK over in Germany. Before I did I was just rain water barrel and soft brush kinda person. Then jumping from analog Mtb’s to emtbs whole Winters became rideable and bigger cleanup operations for general maintenance got bigger. So having the product availed I tried it all. To be honest JL’s frame polished on carbon and aluminum / paint finishes gives you a show room type shine. But I don’t use it. But a can of JL69 I use for everything. Obviously not near brakes and suspension. I use it as a cleaner protector all year now. I use JL’s fork juice for its soul purpose on forks and shock. A bit expensive emptying cans of it on frames. Think of the environment. So Rainwater and a brush. Then a spy over of JL69. No nonsense!

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
Mine gets a quick wash, now and again.
Wilko bike spray cleaner. like Muc-off, but a third of the price, and rinse.
Shake the water off, cover the rotors and give it a silicone spray, comes up slick and like new.

I confess, I do wax polish the road bike once a year.

cleaner the road bike, the faster it goes ?

Canmore TLCC 29

Jun 16, 2020
Canmore, AB Canada
If it’s dusty, wipe down with a damp microfiber cloth. If it is muddy, us a bucket of water and use a Park brush with a light touch to remove loose dirt, then spray with Muckoff avoiding brakes calipers and derailleur and rinse with sopping wet brush. Air dry. If I could make my bike look like a piece of junk without affecting performance I would. My bike is for my enjoyment, and I don’t care what other people think of it. But you need to keep it clean ti extend the life of moving oarts. When the chain/derailleur need cleaning, use white lightning degreaser and lube with 3M dry lube. Gently wipe down the rotor with solvent to remove any grease.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Some say that it stops the mud sticking and others just like a nice bike.:giggle::giggle: So if you do polish your bike what do you use.
How to polish carbon or even matt carbon:unsure::unsure:
I have Gloss Invisiframe so polish that with MucOff Silicone Shine, looks mint and yes, the majority of mud just slides off.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles