Levo SL Gen 1 Destroyed my Roval Control 29 Carbon 148

Suyoungman

Dec 3, 2020
Pasadena, California
Ran into a rock at a local trail today thinking I was tougher than the rock.
Rock:1, me:0. ?
Pretty banged up and almost flew over my cockpit, but thankfully landed right back on my saddle. Now since the wheel snapped and there's no way to repair, I need to replace with something else. Any recommendations of a proper carbon wheelset for my emtb?

pics of my rim/result, and one right before the crash...

20201208_172329.jpg

20201208_172316.jpg

20201208_144905_resized.jpg

KeithR

Jul 1, 2020
Blyth, Northumberland
Santa Cruz rim warranty seems pretty legit.
Better than Specialized?
If you damage your Roval product while riding within the first two years of ownership and it’s not covered under warranty, we’ll still replace or repair it for free
It's a no-brainer for me - another Roval. It's not like there's anything wrong with them - the OP admits he fecked up...

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Ran into a rock at a local trail today thinking I was tougher than the rock.
Rock:1, me:0. ?
Pretty banged up and almost flew over my cockpit, but thankfully landed right back on my saddle. Now since the wheel snapped and there's no way to repair, I need to replace with something else. Any recommendations of a proper carbon wheelset for my emtb?

pics of my rim/result, and one right before the crash...

View attachment 46755

View attachment 46757

View attachment 46758

Don't these rims have a life time guarantee against crash failure?

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Worth contacting ROVAL before you go shopping for a new wheel ...

Lifetime Warranty
If you're the original purchaser, your Roval wheels are warrantied for as long as you own them. This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with our published guidelines.

If you're the subsequent owner (meaning that you're the second or an even later owner), then your Roval wheels are covered under warranty for two years from the date of the original retail purchase.

There are other important details and terms related to this warranty, and you can find the full Warranty Policy here.

“**it Happens” No Fault Crash Replacement Policy
If you damage your Roval product while riding within the first two years of ownership and it’s not covered under warranty, we’ll still replace or repair it for free†. We’re riders, so we know that **it happens. This policy applies to all Roval product purchased in the USA, whether it came stock on a bike or was purchased aftermarket. For additional terms, see below.

If you damage your Roval product while riding more than two years after you bought it and it’s not covered under warranty, your Roval retailer will work with us to get it repaired or replaced for a fraction of the full retail price. Your Authorized Roval Retailer will fill you in on the details, including the exact cost (which depends on your location, local tax, and all that good stuff). For additional terms, see below.

If you have any questions about our warranty, or **it Happens Policy, please drop us a line: [email protected]

Suyoungman

Dec 3, 2020
Pasadena, California
Thank you for the info/tip everyone! My LBS filed a claim and will let me know when it arrives. Will install the set on my fiance's Turbo Levo Comp when we take delivery of her new bike; and hopefully also the wheel, next month.

For now, I've installed the Industry Nine Ultra lite 280C with beefier 2.6" tires. Heres to hoping that this doesn't happen again!

20201215_133042.jpg

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
After cracking a carbon rim mrs levity and I been running Huck Norris tire inserts in the back of our Levo SL bikes.
We use the older style "Standard" inserts that are lighter weight (~85g for the 29+ size) than the new "MegaNorris".
They're very easy to install.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles