Delivery is tomorrow!

adamdoc

Jun 1, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Hey all - my Heckler MX CC S in gloss carbon arrives tomorrow and I'm pretty psyched. My first serious bike was an '06 GT Avalanche Expert, so...it's been a while. I haven't ridden much in about 10 years because of a move, a new job, and kids, but I need to get back out there. I can't keep up with anyone who rides what I like to ride, and I'll need some time to get back in shape, hence the Heckler...

Any wisdom or experience on pedals? I have Crank Brothers Candy pedals on my GT, but I think I want something with more of a platform so that I can occasionally ride without my bike shoes. Bad idea? Makes it harder to clip out? Any other tips from Heckler or bike owners? I don't want to go too bonkers in the beginning, and will keep things stock at first, but I did consider a vinyl wrap. I'll search the forum a bit as well.

Thanks for checking this out.

Adam

blueglide

Jan 2, 2021
Tucson, AZ USA
I have the identical bike as yours. Great bike...I have One Up pedals on mine and with a pair of 5/10s your feet aren't moving. I highly recommend an Invisiframe kit for your bike.

Rich Jones 16

Dec 24, 2020
Essen Germany
Hey all - my Heckler MX CC S in gloss carbon arrives tomorrow and I'm pretty psyched. My first serious bike was an '06 GT Avalanche Expert, so...it's been a while. I haven't ridden much in about 10 years because of a move, a new job, and kids, but I need to get back out there. I can't keep up with anyone who rides what I like to ride, and I'll need some time to get back in shape, hence the Heckler...

Any wisdom or experience on pedals? I have Crank Brothers Candy pedals on my GT, but I think I want something with more of a platform so that I can occasionally ride without my bike shoes. Bad idea? Makes it harder to clip out? Any other tips from Heckler or bike owners? I don't want to go too bonkers in the beginning, and will keep things stock at first, but I did consider a vinyl wrap. I'll search the forum a bit as well.

Thanks for checking this out.

Adam
I went with deore XL 8140 pedals, middle of the road but I really like them. In large there is so much grip with a pair of 5/10s

adamdoc

Jun 1, 2021
Atlanta, GA
I have the identical bike as yours. Great bike...I have One Up pedals on mine and with a pair of 5/10s your feet aren't moving. I highly recommend an Invisiframe kit for your bike.

How easy was the Invisiframe to apply? I already have a small scratch, but nothing awful.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Hey all - my Heckler MX CC S in gloss carbon arrives tomorrow and I'm pretty psyched.

So how you liking the new Heckler, Adam? I picked up mine on the first, and put 65 miles on it the first week. I've done some pretty high quality downhill, and some mundane stuff, as well.

adamdoc

Jun 1, 2021
Atlanta, GA
I freaking love it. I took it out for my first serious ride yesterday, and it kicks ass. More planned next week after I work a bunch of nights in a row. I did have a solid wipe out because I hadn't ridden in a while and made a bad choice around a rock wall, but I survived and so did the bike! I did bend a brake lever just a little, but it worked fine for the rest of the ride... Oops!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles