Decoy Race Pro support tubeless?

Lee

Jun 11, 2019
Lancaster
I removed my tyre this evening in order to convert to tubeless and realised there are no grooves in the rim inner wall where a tubeless tyre would normally engage, has anyone actually converted the ethirteen carbon wheels and can confirm if tubeless is supported or not?

I assume if there's no groove then it's not supported, can anyone in the trade confirm that?

Many thanks
Lee

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
I removed my tyre this evening in order to convert to tubeless and realised there are no grooves in the rim inner wall where a tubeless tyre would normally engage, has anyone actually converted the ethirteen carbon wheels and can confirm if tubeless is supported or not?

I assume if there's no groove then it's not supported, can anyone in the trade confirm that?

Many thanks
Lee
That's called a hookless rim and its basically the new standard for all mtb rims, especially carbon rims. Easier and cheaper to manufacture and makes the rim a little bit stronger - Its perfectly ok.

Karsten

Lee

Jun 11, 2019
Lancaster
Thanks guys, that's reassuring to hear.
I have to admit it's the first time i've seen it.

Thanks
Lee

Crash

Sep 19, 2019
Austin, TX

Many thanks
Lee

I've got my sealant, cushcore insert (rear) and valves ready to go. Expecting to receive my YT Decoy RF Race mid-October. Fingers crossed.

Duelsy

Oct 22, 2019
England
Where did you guys buy your Cushcore from? Only website coming up with stock is Tredz but they don't sell the valves separately.

Duelsy

Oct 22, 2019
England
I see your in England, US here and I ordered direct from Cushcore. They made special sets for the 29/27.5 wheels.

I've found the correct spec etc but unfortunately struggling to find a UK retailer. When I go on the cushcore website it just redirects me to local bike shops, none of whom have any in stock. Will keep ringing around, sure someone has them. :)

That being said Tredz do have some you can buy in singles but only one type. These look correct to you?

CushCore Inner Tyre Suspension System | Tredz Bikes

Will have to buy valves separately.

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
The 27.5+ is correct. You also need the 29+ which I don't see. Contact them and see if they can get it for you. Or you can call cushcore directly in the US
From Cushcore's website:
For Mixed “Mullet” sets please call 541-241-2444

I have no affiliation with them. Just a happy customer(y)

Duelsy

Oct 22, 2019
England
The 27.5+ is correct. You also need the 29+ which I don't see. Contact them and see if they can get it for you. Or you can call cushcore directly in the US
From Cushcore's website:
For Mixed “Mullet” sets please call 541-241-2444

I have no affiliation with them. Just a happy customer(y)

Okay cool cheers. Looking at the sizes specified on the website I wouldn’t have thought I needed plus size for both, so good to know.

Duelsy

Oct 22, 2019
England
Cushcore finally arrived today. The rear is a 27.5+ but unfortunately they’ve sent me a normal 29 for the front. Looking at the sizes on the charts it should still fit, has anyone tried fitting the normal one to the 29” rim?

I did notice the 27.5+ packaging says e-bike compatible but the 29 doesn’t, although I doubt it matters, sizes dictate what fits etc.

Normally I’d just send the 29 back for the plus version but I’m running really low pressures now because of the terrible trail conditions and want to protect my carbon rims ASAP.

AdH

Feb 2, 2019
Mustang
I put a regular 29 Cush core in the front, no issues here. Seems fine. Ran it with the 2.5 DHF to start with but now on a 2.35 Magic Mary in the hud

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles