Decision time - and the outcome is...

TtheArab

Jul 7, 2019
Hayabusa!303
2019 Levo Comp picking up from Tiso in Perth tomorrow 11:30. :cool:

Comrie Croft here I come c12:00.....

Small discount but reassurance of being able to take it to Tiso if any issues outweighed waiting for a Decoy or trying to buy good 2nd hand or larger discount from elsewhere.

Thanks to all the folk that have posted their experiences - read so many so hope this is the right choice.

T

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
I’ve decided on the same. The peace of mind of having decent local backup overrode the bigger discounts from other places. What colour did you go for? I‘ve got a large nice blue ?

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
The Levo's the one I keep coming back to, still trying to find a test ride in M, & wonder if I should try a 650b'er first though. Canyon Spectral:ON was a lot of fun but a bit of a tank on the twisty forest trails I enjoy most - good planted and physical ride though. Currently on a gen 1 Evil Following which 29er but a bit shorter in cs & wheelbase.

Hmm.

TtheArab

Jul 7, 2019
Hayabusa!303
Motor error apparently....

4DC9505A-059F-4209-9293-4C5EE28B518C.jpeg

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
It's brand new
Took all of 3 mins for it to go technical on me. Loss of power and red over blue LEDs.

Massive disappointment.....

It's brand new?

Take it back. Ask for replacement or refund not repair unless it's trivial. Once you accept repair, it's yours, my understanding of the law.

TtheArab

Jul 7, 2019
Hayabusa!303
No. It was the only one in that wasn’t (no offence intended) in the weirdo camo colour.

They did have comp carbon in L for another £1,000 but didn’t feel like giving me it for the same as the alu one !! ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The Levo's the one I keep coming back to, still trying to find a test ride in M,
RaceCo Cycles are having a Levo Demo evening this Wednesday in the Clent Hills. It's a bit of a trek for you but there will definitely be a M there as that's what I'm testing.

BJep

Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Grayshott
This fault is exactly what happened to my brand new Turbo Expert, although I got one great ride in beforehand. When investigating the fault I discovered sellers had also sent me the 500wh battery rather than 750wh. When they couldn't guarantee a date for replacement of the battery I insisted on returning the bike. I think these battery faults are common but under reported.

Farmerbob

May 12, 2019
Nevada, USA
2019 Specialized Ebikes are amazing. If you have a dealer close by don't hesitate. I got my 2019 expert Levo last December, 2018. It was the first green and black in my area. No codes no worries. I just ride the crap out of it. There are no guarantees in you won't have a problem, but these bikes are a blast. I'm sure there are other great Bikes out there to, but there are a ton of these with a lot of support.

Photohonesty

Jul 15, 2019
Perthshire
2019 Specialized Ebikes are amazing. If you have a dealer close by don't hesitate. I got my 2019 expert Levo last December, 2018. It was the first green and black in my area. No codes no worries. I just ride the crap out of it. There are no guarantees in you won't have a problem, but these bikes are a blast. I'm sure there are other great Bikes out there to, but there are a ton of these with a lot of support.

That’s great thanks was out yesterday on my current bike, a trek hybrid, and thought if I had my eMTB I’d have been able to go that bit further.

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
I think many people should wake up. Lots of Yamaha trouble free happy owners including me with my 2017 and lots of trouble 2018, 2019, 2020 Specialized bikes at the shop, not working and even the working ones have poor range due to that energy sucking belt. They are not ready. Yamaha has been ready for years. They were first with Emotors and that shows.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I think many people should wake up. Lots of Yamaha trouble free happy owners including me with my 2017 and lots of trouble 2018, 2019, 2020 Specialized bikes at the shop, not working and even the working ones have poor range due to that energy sucking belt. They are not ready. Yamaha has been ready for years. They were first with Emotors and that shows.

If only the Yam motor wasn't so noisy.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The problem wit the Yamaha is the software, though apparently that's improved with the new updated motor about to be launched, and the lack of support higher up the cadence range. Also the controllers and general system is clunky. I always thought Bosch where the first with mid drive ebike motors?

Any way I think the all the motors are much of a muchness, the most important thing is how the software makes them feel when riding, and more importantly the bike they are fitted to. Buying a bike just because it has a certain motor is plain stupid if the bike itself doesn't suit you, the riding you do, and rides like pig.

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
If only the Yam motor wasn't so noisy.
Maybe you could start a trend use a fullface, put on a motorcycle look. LOL Here we have a record mosquito season they are the ones bugging me. You can hope, i read a guy with 2,000 miles on his says it became less noisy, maybe mine with 1,600 is getting there. If i can demo a new one i will know.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
can you give specific examples with the 2020s?

Yes with the greatest respect to 33red, I have my doubts that it would anything but the rare failure with 2020 Brose. But really the fact that there are so many Spesh shops that can fix pretty much anything is another good reason to get one

Last edited:

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
The problem wit the Yamaha is the software, though apparently that's improved with the new updated motor about to be launched, and the lack of support higher up the cadence range. Also the controllers and general system is clunky. I always thought Bosch where the first with mid drive ebike motors?

Any way I think the all the motors are much of a muchness, the most important thing is how the software makes them feel when riding, and more importantly the bike they are fitted to. Buying a bike just because it has a certain motor is plain stupid if the bike itself doesn't suit you, the riding you do, and rides like pig.
Maybe Bosch was first for bikes but Yamaha did it before for motorcycle? Anyway each decides based on some priorities, some likes. I focus on reliable and range but that instant power is the cherry on my sundae.

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
Yes with the greatest respect to 33red, I have my doubts that it would anything but the rare failure with 2020 Brose. But really the fact that there are so many Spesh shops that can fix pretty much anything is another good reason to get one
I forgot the address of my shop, 2,626 kms = 0 visit.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles