• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

De-Restricting 2024 Canyon Strive:ON

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a 2024 Canyon Strive:ON.

I'm coming from a derestricted Levo which is an easy derestrict and (apart from an incorrect speedometer reading) works perfectly.

I admit I'm confused with the options for de-restricting the Bosch systems.

What I'd like to avoid is any solution that requires me to:
- Leave the bike on for a prolonged period of time after a bike ride
- Push the bike home after the system detects a hack
- Use a powerdrill or something on the bike to spin the cranks

I also have no need for the Bosch display screen and don't care if the warranty is voided; I also dont mind if the speedometer is wrong.

Does anyone know (or if anyone has) de-restricted the new Canyon Strive:ON with the Bosch CX (either normal or race) motor?

(Happy to PM me privately as well if you're not comfortable disclosing if you have de-restricted publicly).

Cheers

DOMBUSH

Aug 10, 2020
Cambridge
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a 2024 Canyon Strive:ON.

I'm coming from a derestricted Levo which is an easy derestrict and (apart from an incorrect speedometer reading) works perfectly.

I admit I'm confused with the options for de-restricting the Bosch systems.

What I'd like to avoid is any solution that requires me to:
- Leave the bike on for a prolonged period of time after a bike ride
- Push the bike home after the system detects a hack
- Use a powerdrill or something on the bike to spin the cranks

I also have no need for the Bosch display screen and don't care if the warranty is voided; I also dont mind if the speedometer is wrong.

Does anyone know (or if anyone has) de-restricted the new Canyon Strive:ON with the Bosch CX (either normal or race) motor?

(Happy to PM me privately as well if you're not comfortable disclosing if you have de-restricted publicly).

Cheers
Hi - I fitted a 1.2b Speedbox to a late 23 Strive-on. Tried many signal generator positions and managed to get it working for approx. 30 - 60 secs at a time before error. The most successful signal generator position also fouled the frame.

Summary of approx. a day's:- fit, test, error; - move - fit, test, error; etc. was I just couldn't make it work.

Discussion with others that have tried, is that Bosch are monitoring the rim-magnet, magnetic field, wave-form with a level of sophistication that the derestrictor cant mimic.

I spoke with the manufacturer and they admitted issues.

Bosch 1 - De-restrictor 0

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Thanks Dombush, thought that might be the case. Thanks for letting me know. I might avoid Bosch and the Strive on in in that case!

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
As a side note - If anyone can get hold of a copy of the Bosch firmware, I can ask around to find someone who can reverse engineer it and remove the limiting code. That would save the need for hardware de-restrictors.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles