CX anyone?

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
I have followed CX for quite awhile. Watched MVDP and WVA grow up basically. They were tooth and nail starting in the Juniors....

1st WC of the season at Trek Headquarters in WI. USA and according to Puck Pieterse's course preview, which she has been good with for MTB this season on SN.

I would call that a proper field cross, that mud sucks, wheels.

I use a GCN+ sub that is good for anything but the WC's and have been subscribing to FloBikes that has US rights to the WC for the last few years but tired of their three times higher sub and not even beginning to be on par with other coverage like road racing and decent commentary.

Going with a VPN and getting it from the source in Belgium this year. I know all the players so don't need the talking heads to follow along but still leave the sound on to practice my Dutch.

My pick for the star of the season is Thibau Nys. His dad Sven was a multi World Champ and a total stud on a cross bike that never really did well on the road like his son is accomplishing. Another young gun going places for sure.

On the female side Puck Pieterse hops on the CX bike after after a summer of winning both XCC and XCO UCI MTB Championships on her XC bike. Said she missed her dropper there in that course preview vid...I thought why not put one on? I have one on my drop bar bike that operates via the left brifter by a pro mechanic buddy.

World Champ is Fem VanEmpel however and she looks to be riding strong. Funny she entered a few of the first XCO's but was lost in the pack while Puck, who was second on that day, excelled. Lots of other Dutch gals to spice things up with the odd Euro and sometimes even an American gets some screen time at the front.

The old guard of MVDP, the current World Champ, WVA who is nothing be a madman on a bike also. He came back from a mechanical and a flat at the recent Gravel World's and went from 108 to 8th.....And then there is Pidcock who has matured into one of the better riders in the world and can jockey a road, MT and CX bike, as well as I've heard is fearless on a DH bike at the parks is always a threat to win.

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field
What I don't get is why in the video are they walking when carrying bikes.
They should be running with it ......🤔

Typical wimmens.... Lazy......😲😲😲🤣

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles