Cube Smart System range issues

Baron Von Grumble

Jul 10, 2022
Poole
Can anyone help?
Just bought my first emtb, Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 sl. Bike comes fitted with 750 ah battery but range seem to drop vey quickly and is way off Bosch website. I’m a big guy and I rode to work in tour+ 90% tarmac and 10% gravel and battery drops 22% with a range of 24 miles remaining. Is this normal or will it improve with time.
Cheers

Baron Von Grumble

Jul 10, 2022
Poole
Did my first proper ride today 30 miles of Road, Liam and stone with good elevation. 30 miles with 22% remaining. Mostly done in tour+ and emtb. It does seem to be improving. Haven’t done a complete charge yet. It’s my first emtb and I’m a big bloke so don’t now what to expect.

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Did my first proper ride today 30 miles of Road, Liam and stone with good elevation. 30 miles with 22% remaining. Mostly done in tour+ and emtb. It does seem to be improving. Haven’t done a complete charge yet. It’s my first emtb and I’m a big bloke so don’t now what to expect.
I've recently got my first emtb also and have found that range is super dependant on exactly what terrain you're riding, how many massive hills there are and how lazy you're feeling.

To get to my local woods I have to ride for 25mins and climb possibly the steepest hill I've ever seen which I'm convinced couldn't be ridden on a normal MTB 🤣 So I use EMTB mode up that and sometimes Turbo if I'm feeling extra lazy but after that's out the way I can usually do about another 20 off miles of fully off road with a mixture of climbs, downhills and flat trails with my 625wh battery.

Obviously with cars and motorcycles the 'miles-to-empty' display can be a lot more accurate because it is what it is, your car/bike knows how much fuel it has in it and that you're not going to be helping it out at any point by jumping out/off and pushing it.

My Cube is a '20 model so doesn't have the best display/software so not sure what the newer ones are like but I can imagine range is something that's really hard to predict on an eMTB so not sure if they'll ever be that accurate, you probably just have to get a feel for it which will obviously be easier if you end up doing the same routes fairly often.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles