"Creaking noise"

Dave G

Subscriber
Sep 25, 2022
Sheffield Uk
Excuse my ignorance in this question, but I'm in the process of trying to trace a "creaking noise" which seems to be coming from the Bafang m600 area on my bike. I have covered all the usual areas to check before inspecting the bottom bracket, but looking at the pics of the Bafang m600, it doesn't have a bottom bracket as such, just the shaft with torque sensor. Is this right? or am I missing something? I'm new to electric bikes, so trying to get my head around them. The "creaking" incidentally is there whether or not the motor is switched on.

Dave G

Subscriber
Sep 25, 2022
Sheffield Uk
G'day Dave G,
Did you resolve your creaking noise from the bafang m600 ?, I'm having the same issue.
Thanks Simjac.
Morning Simjac,
I'm still pinpointing the issue but it disappeared after I rinsed the bike down, so now I'm waiting to see if it starts again then rinse down the area I think it's coming from and start to strip down and inspect there. I have covered all the common areas front to back so I am assuming it's either grit rubbing against some part of the bike, or a component catching. It's on the right side of the bike and when pedalling. When I isolate it, I'll come back to you.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles