Levo Gen 3 Crankshaft moving sideways

akouri

Jun 23, 2024
Finland
I got a 23/24 Turbo Levo couple weeks ago. I really like the bike so far, but is It normal that the crankshaft is moving sideways for couple millimeters when pushing from the cranks?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Note: I have never owned a Levo.
I'm surprised that no-one from the Levo owners have commented on this. That movement may be perfectly normal for the Levo motor. But I would not be happy to have that movement on my Shimano motor.

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
I got a 23/24 Turbo Levo couple weeks ago. I really like the bike so far, but is It normal that the crankshaft is moving sideways for couple millimeters when pushing from the cranks?
High Rock Ruti
Just had my motor rebuilt
"ebikemotorrepair Tennessee USA" Michael said the drive had moved outward causing the eventual failure, evidently pedal strikes can cause this? Perhaps the movement was the result of an impact the motor has a two year warranty exercise it.

Warm Regards Ruti

akouri

Jun 23, 2024
Finland
This can happen, but there is usually a reason. For instance a bad pedal strike, crash or removing the chainring spider without using the special tool.
When this does happen, it is fixable. Although it can make a bit of a mess!
Thanks for the reply.

I haven't crashed nor removed the spider.

What do you mean by bad pedal strike? Feels a bit strange if you can break something just by pedaling, but if it's really possible, then I'd like to know what kind of pedaling should I avoid.

I sent the bike to dealer (which unfortunately is quite far away).

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
Thanks for the reply.

I haven't crashed nor removed the spider.

What do you mean by bad pedal strike? Feels a bit strange if you can break something just by pedaling, but if it's really possible, then I'd like to know what kind of pedaling should I avoid.

I sent the bike to dealer (which unfortunately is quite far away).
A pedal strike is when you are pedalling and the crank arm hits a rock, tree root, rut, curb etc. You will know if you have a good pedal strike because you will find yourself kneeling on the floor clutching your parts!! o_O

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
A pedal strike is when you are pedalling and the crank arm hits a rock, tree root, rut, curb etc. You will know if you have a good pedal strike because you will find yourself kneeling on the floor clutching your parts!! o_O
High Rock Ruti

I've had two hard Pedal Strikes in the last three weeks OTB (over the bars) Bosch, those sneaky rocks, "baby heads" hiding in the grass.

Warm Regards Ruti

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
I will wait to comment on this, I will see what the fix action is for my motor that I've had repaired and upgraded by Bearing Man and explain what happened.

akouri

Jun 23, 2024
Finland
Dealer replaced the whole motor in my case. I didn't get any specific description about the problem.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles