considering Kiox to nyon retrofit

sandyman44

Jun 29, 2020
UK
hi all
I have kiox on a scott e-genius 2020 model. kiox is mounted on the stem cap.
I have been riding much more for fitness recently and realised I would like less assist than even Eco, from the motor during most of a ride. I stopped using Emtb several months back, and never ever use turbo. I believe that I can customise the assist levels if I switch displays to a new model nyon - has anyone done this? how flexible and easy is it? does it keep the standard power settings as well or does it replace them?
this is THE main reason I'm thinking about doing this change , ideally I want a group of power levels from "less than eco" up to "somewhere between Tour and Sport". I don't want to have to get a slot at, and have a debate with , the LBS about power settings (and thats not their core competency - their core competency is fixing bikes, not software!) I just want to be able to change it myself when I want to , and there will inevitably be some experimenting to get it right.

I use a garmin 830 for ride logging, komoot and/or trailforks apps for turn by turn on trails, and or / my phone in a top-tube bag, for long days out navigation. does the nyon - komoot integration work nicely? the kiox is too small to be any use so never bothered with the nav on there.

what options are there for the nyon mount? it looks like it has two bar mount clamps to go either side of the stem? Is there a stem cap mount option? I like it quite far back (hence using the stem cap mount for my kiox) not over the bars... in case I go over the bars! also I have other stuff mounted either side of the stem (lights, klickfix touring bag clamps - the bike gets used for that as well as MTB) so prefer to avoid on the bar if possible.

ta
Ian

sandyman44

Jun 29, 2020
UK
thanks, although it has custom modes, that would definitely count as a derestriction chip, which is not something I want to do.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles