Cold garage. Do I need a bike with removable battery?

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
What percent of eBikes have batteries that can't easily be removed in 5 seconds? I thought they all had removeable batteries until I read about one today that didn't.
A guy i know owns a Norco Fat Ebike i am not sure what year and it has this flaw.
I think RockyMountain were that way but now it is removal.
Luckily my Giant is fast n easy i do it twice a day. Here we get minus 35 so each morning i put it on just when i am leaving.
It sleeps in my bedroom.

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
There's an easy solution to this. If you have a wife/partner, then divorce/break-up with the aforementioned and keep it in the living room. Problem solved.

110% my bike will live in the house if I get divorced. Along with all my old vinyl, decks and shit loads of other toys that got consigned to the loft 39 seconds after the Mrs arrived on scene.

Banksay

Nov 3, 2021
Arbroath, Scotland
110% my bike will live in the house if I get divorced. Along with all my old vinyl, decks and shit loads of other toys that got consigned to the loft 39 seconds after the Mrs arrived on scene.

Haha...I also have a pile of vinyl in the loft, and full surround system with floor standing speakers, and keyboards...and numerous other items deemed not appropriate as living room decor. Think I'm gonna buy something random like a canoe and hang it on the wall...just because I can now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles