Clear, plastic, 3D printed, light weight, levo dummy battery

Churchill

Jul 15, 2018
Idaho
Could someone make one of these please?

It could be used for riding in areas that specifically ban e-bikes, assuming that you don't also own a non-ebike.

It would keep mud out of your frame.

Overall weight of the e-bike would be reduced.

If anyone gives you a hassle, the clear plastic would reveal that no batteries are present.

Or is this a terrible idea that no one but me actually wants?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Could someone make one of these please?

It could be used for riding in areas that specifically ban e-bikes, assuming that you don't also own a non-ebike.

It would keep mud out of your frame.

Overall weight of the e-bike would be reduced.

If anyone gives you a hassle, the clear plastic would reveal that no batteries are present.

Or is this a terrible idea that no one but me actually wants?
I already have plenty of acoustic bikes to ride, so this wouldn’t be all that worthwhile for me. Levos kinda suck with no power.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
There may be a small market for that, E.g. a buddy might come on a trip to the alps or Canada, where we will Only Ride Park, and therefore he does not need an ebike. However his kenevo is his only decent bike, so a dummy battery would be useful. Of course, it might need to be full of sand, as removing all the weight from the down tube might totally change how the bike rides.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I've ridden my (Shimano motor) Ebike with no battery in a few times. I'd have liked some sort of protection for the battery mounts at the time.

Have you tried IKEA? They have all sorts of cool technology on show, none of it is security protected but when you shoplift it and get it out the door it's all just empty cases. hopefully they'll have a Levo held on one of their bike storage stands I can't pronounce the name of.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles