Cleaning/maintenance products you love.

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
Was cleaning my bike the other day and thought I'd ask everyone if there are any products they really rate?
Personally I don't rate Muc-Off very much although I know its a firm favourite for a lot of people. I find it just doesn't seem to do much. The two things I can't do without are Juice Lubes Fork Juice to keep my slidey bits sliding, and their JL69 maintenance spray which I guess is just a fancy WD40, but it does the job just fine in suspension pivots etc. Are there any other products that I just have to try?

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I swear by KY jelly for stiff rubber on stubborn rims, which of course can leave quite a mess. So I tend to clean up spilled fluid by pushing it into any gaping holes or slits that don't close up on their own. No other solvents of detergents needed🤷‍♂️

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I swear by KY jelly for stiff rubber on stubborn rims, which of course can leave quite a mess. So I tend to clean up spilled fluid by pushing it into any gaping holes or slits that don't close up on their own. No other solvents of detergents needed🤷‍♂️
Are we talking bikes or personal stuff ?

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Are we talking bikes or personal stuff ?

seriously... I have found KY jelly is the best lube for getting on motorbike tyres. That and two or three heavy duty long steel tyre levers. Small diameter wheels like 16" and a fat knobbly tyre can be quite a challenge.

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
seriously... I have found KY jelly is the best lube for getting on motorbike tyres. That and two or three heavy duty long steel tyre levers. Small diameter wheels like 16" and a fat knobbly tyre can be quite a challenge.

Just don't go putting your fingers anywhere near your mouth afterwards, unless you want a numb tongue.

Manc44

Jun 22, 2021
Manchester
Gary what's wrong? 🤣

I found that Platinum Fairy gets parts sparkling again but, that's parts like rear mechs I am buying and selling. I deliberately tasted (and spat back out) a tiny drop of Fairy and it's very salty... that's never good. As for my bike, I am on the road all the time so I hardly ever clean the whole bike. Why do it when there's wiring all over it. That's just me with my DIY jobbie though, I guess the more expensive eMTB's don't even have any visible wiring... and you lot get caked in mud off road... but even then I'd never wash my bike without being really careful where the water goes.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I suggest you go all in.
Invest in a soft rag.
Send money to charity.
This is my opinion but less washing, less liquid is the best.
Save money, ride more.
I just wipe off the excess and lube.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles