Changing profile on an Orbea Rise

Clive

Oct 25, 2021
Cumbria
Just acquired an Orbea Rise and love it (previous bike is a Cube Reaction hardtail and a very different beast!). The Rise has two riding profiles according to the terrain but it's not obvious how you change from one to the other. I may be being dim but can anyone advise?

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Shimano bikes have 6 riding modes total. They are divided into two "profiles", 3 modes per profile. The modes are called the same thing in each profile (Eco, Trail, Boost). Profile 2 is just more powerful than Profile 1. You change Profiles using the E-Tube Project app. You cannot change Profiles using the onboard controller, only riding modes.

(or you could, you know, read the manual :) )

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
Shimano bikes have 6 riding modes total. They are divided into two "profiles", 3 modes per profile. The modes are called the same thing in each profile (Eco, Trail, Boost). Profile 2 is just more powerful than Profile 1. You change Profiles using the E-Tube Project app. You cannot change Profiles using the onboard controller, only riding modes.

(or you could, you know, read the manual :) )
Strange , i watched a video recently (EMBN ) where steve said profile 1 was the more powerful one and 2 the battery saver?

Last edited:

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Then the video was wrong :) Open the link above and read page 18. You can also verify the same in the E-Tube Project app.

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
To be fair, you can change the settings for each profile to whatever you want. He may have reversed his? Or it was just a mistake.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
You can do whatever you want with either profile. I chose to have Profile 1 as my "performance" profile and Profile 2 as my "economy" profile or to be used as a get me home setting. There are other choices you could make: "tarmac ride to the trail" & "trail"; or "descend" & "climb".......

I tune either profile in the app and then switch between them on the display.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Correct, in a way. The Orbea, like most EP8 motored bikes, has two profiles. By default Profile 1 is the lower settings on the Rise.

If your specification of Rise is as standard with the little single button and two lights on a cable then to select your Profile or to adjust any settings you have to use the e-Tube app (or ST Unlocker app). If you do what I did and then remove this and go with the 800 display, you can then set the Profile via the display's own menu. Note: you can't change the parameters this way, just select between the two without having to connect a phone.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
I just need 1 set of profile.,,,,so both profiles are set identical.

If I had to switch profiles anyway, I had to stop, get phone out, wait for the slooooow E-tube app to load and connect and switch the profiles.
Then I could just make the desired change in the settings....no need for the silly profiles IMO.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles