Change from Comp Carbon TL 2019 to TL Expert 2020 just for....

Agopo77

Jul 28, 2018
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi there, during past year I have updated my Levo 19 with:
Battery 700
New brake formula cura4
New Front Fork Formula Selva S

I have 1000km on my bike right know

In your opinion could make sense switch to Levo 20 moving all those new pieces just to have brand new motor and new battery?
Expert will use the same carbon frame of my comp carbon?
Could be smart in order to keep value,preparing for next year new model?

Having said that I love all black color of the new TL 20...damm!!!!!

Thanks for your opinion!!!!

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
You still have another year on the warranty for your motor and battery. I would keep what you've got and see if there are major changes in MY21.

Having said that, it's your money and if you've got it and you want a '20 then who am I to tell you not too ?

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
Presumably you'll lose money on the '19 and you already have the 700wh battery which would be the only thing I'd really want to switch. As you've said, you'd only be changing for a new motor and battery (and the colour change). Financially I can't see it making any sense really.

eboy

Apr 10, 2019
Syracuse
Yes the world is full of people that buy the latest thing and then sell it rather soon to attain max value on the next year's model. I would argue e-bikes are KING when it comes to depreciating assets as are RV's, computers, etc... If they have the disposable income then that is the best move from a value position. I don't have as much disposable income and purchases such as an e-bike are a stretch. My decision was to buy the 2018 TL S-Works one-year used (private seller so good deal) and enjoy this year with it having all of it's value. Next year it will begin to depreciate and I am "losing money". Would I buy a used 2019 TL in the near future to minimize losses? Don't think so because I am not gaining much (for my needs). I don't need a larger battery. Don't need a slightly more powerful motor. Every time I get on the bike I smile...

Agopo77

Jul 28, 2018
Somewhere over the rainbow
Thanks for your reply and yes,having a comp carbon bike i’m trying to understand how much could pay an expert 2020 giving back mine.As soon I get proposal frim my LBS I will let you know

wrayb

May 9, 2019
North Carolina
I always say an eMTB (or an MTB, motorcycle, car, etc.) Is not an investment, it is a cost. Any bike you own will immediately depreciate. That's a fact. The question is what is the dollar (euro) amount of the depreciation of the comparable models...and that's a difficult question to answer for Emtbs because it depends on the upgraded technology on the newer bike.Typically a newer item depreciates at a higher percentage of a higher value and is certainly more costly to own compared to an older one (i.e. your automobile). However, an Emtb could be different if the newer model is significantly technologically better (thus changing the depreciation comparison) or the older model has significant maintenance costs. I don't think that is the case with the 2020 vs. 2019 Levo. Seems like there are no significant upgrades that could alter the basic depreciation fact and the 2019 is still under a warranty. So from a financial perspective keep the older model. But...if you like the new color...what tbe hell! What else are you going to spend your money on? ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles